Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Forum CD: Rate "Christmas Music"

Dave Bryce

As many of you know, we are currently in the process of doing another CD compilation of original material submitted by members of this forum.

As with the last original compilation, the entries will be posted for review by all of the members of the forum whether or not they have contributed a piece. With that in mind, please check out "Christmas Music" (submitted by Jeff "synthetic" Laity, and tell us what you think! :thu:

If the artist of the piece would care to post any notes about the piece in this thread, they should feel free to do so.

Thanks for listening!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, nice! Emulating parts of orchestral instruments is not an easy task, even if your synth / sampler has good orchestral patches / samples. It's all about HOW you play them. And you did a very good job on this, Jeff. :thu:

Congratulations!

My only "wish" would be turning those percussion sounds a ta-a-ad louder. ...But then again, it's not a rock'n'roll. :)

Oh, I think it's time to start shopping for gifts... :rolleyes::D

I am back.

Thanks. The percussion samples were kinda lame, so I buried them in the mix.

Like the site says, it was all Roland S-760 with their Orchestral Family library. I used the QS8 Sanctuary card for the bells and the QS8 Orchestral card for percussion. It's a short demo for a Christmas Fashion show in Las Vegas, hopefully I'll get the gig and flesh it out for dough. And then I'll break the bank and buy some real jingle bells. :)

I got an email from Buy.com today encouraging me to start my Holiday shopping, I think that's the first one of the season. I'm sure they would start sending them in August if they didn't think they would be laughed off the internet. Not a day of shopping before Thanksgiving, if you ask me.

Thanks for the feedback, -jl

Great orchestral work and sounds. I know that was not an easy job.

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I can almost imagine a bunch of people dressed like elves doing a little Christmas Pageant waltz to this. Excellent use of orchestral samples. A little more 'verb would have made this track even more luscious. Most impressive is how you created such a unique arrangement from familiar timbres.

ONE-two-three. ONE-two-three. ;)

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Archived