Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FORUM CD - Who's in...

Dave Bryce

Carlo, It is nice to see someone here from Italy. My dad's father was born in Naples. I oftened wanted to go over there and see that area. I hope I can someday. :wave:

Our music from one area of the world to another is a great link between all of us.

Glad to see that you were able to get the submission into Dave. :)

Peace my man........

Jazzman :cool:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jazzman:

Carlo, It is nice to see someone here from Italy. My dad's father was born in Naples. I oftened wanted to go over there and see that area. I hope I can someday. :wave:

Our music from one area of the world to another is a great link between all of us.

Yeah, I'm often surprised by how few non-Americans are there in the forum. I would love to know fellow keyboard players from all over the world... A few months ago I partecipated in a couple of threads with our friend from Shangai, China, and thought it was great. But then again, the Corner itself is American-born... ;)

Dave,

My CD is en route, postmarked 10/31.

You are the first person to get a full copy of my upcoming release, "a dichotomy of silence". I hope you enjoy it!!! :D

P.S. Dewpoint is track 1.

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

We're gonna be ridiculously close to one disc, but we may be just over.

I'd really like to avoid going to two CDs if we don't have to...

...hmmmm...

Okay...hypothetically, if one or two tunes (maybe, say, selected from the last of the ones that weren't in hand by the extended deadline) didn't make this CD and were just first in line for the next one (with placement priority, of course), would that be a bad thing?

Thoughts?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I'd really like to avoid going to two CDs if we don't have to...

...hmmmm...

Okay...hypothetically, if one or two tunes (maybe, say, selected from the last of the ones that weren't in hand by the extended deadline) didn't make this CD and were just first in line for the next one (with placement priority, of course), would that be a bad thing?

Thoughts?

dB

As I mentioned before, since mine is longer I would happily cut it back if those 60 seconds made a difference. And people would always have the extended MP3 version if they really wanted to.

Originally posted by PatAzz:

As I mentioned before, since mine is longer I would happily cut it back if those 60 seconds made a difference.

I'm already factoring in that I'm gonna need to use one of the shorter versions that you gave me, Pat.

dB

Originally posted by Griffinator:

That's fine, Dave - I'll bow out of this one.

I wasn't really happy with the shortened version of that track anyhow. It seemed too - rushed?

Okay, Scott. Thank you...

Your tune (full version) will get top placement consideration for the next volume. If you'd like, I'll even still post it for comments when mp3.com clears it.

dB

Okay...

I got Steve Jordan's tune today...

So, here's the sequence of the CD right now:

The Other Side of the Knot - nel/astor

Equal To Stars - The Bleen

Chango - PatAzz

What Are You Waiting For - Anderton

D Song - Marino

Night is Right - dB

Dewpoint - Llarion

Roboghost - DJ Alloy w/ Sp Gulliver

A Mother's Love - Lincoln Ross

Slip N Slide - Jazzman

The Dream - Paul III

Christmas Tune - Synthetic

Meteor - BassGuy21

Monologue - Tusker

Mystery - dano

Happy End - Ian Dixon

Can't You See I'm Falling In Love - B_3guy

Spider Boogie - Abracadabra

Tuba Four - Music*al

Trumpet concerto - third movement - Dan South

Whoa... - Steve LeBlanc

Mr. Burns - nel/astor

Total time: 81:23.... just over.

I haven't heard anything from Tusker on getting me a non-mp3 copy of his tune, so I don't know if he's in or not. Jerry - what's up?

Nel - if he's in, will you bum very heavily if one of your two tunes gets moved to a nice juicy spot on the next compilation? Of course, I have you opening and closing the disc right now - that's pretty choice too, I know... ;)

dB

Dave, feel free to postpone one of my submission tunes for the next compilation. Because my co-author in Roboghost (DJ Alloy that is) is especially exited regarding the possibility to be featured here, let's remove Abracadabra's tune. I'll gladly keep it for the next TKC compilation. No problemo!

Vlad

I am back.

Dave:

I thought I had sent it to you. :eek: I screwed up, I guess. I was doing a bunch of mass mailings, and I thought I had sent this with them. (I now need to follow up on a bunch of business letters, to make sure they made it.) Let me bow out of this one. It will fix the time problem very nicely without having to perform surgery on people's songs. There is something very nice about bookending the CD with a couple of similar short tunes. :freak:

Cheers,

Jerry

Hmmmm...

Okay, after careful consideration, I'm going to take Jerry up on his kind offer. Here's why:

1) I don't have the full version of his tune in hand - but that's not really the reason...

2) ...this is: Jerry's tune kinda wants to be in the number one slot - it doesn't really fit as well anywhere else. However, as he so adroitly observed, having nel's two short tunes start and end this compilation really works very, very well. So, by moving "Monologue" to the next CD, both scenarios are possible.

Without "Monologue", the CD comes in at just under 79 minutes, and will fit on an 80 minute blank CDR -I'm burning one right now.

Jerry, thank you again...hey, here's another idea - perhaps you might be coerced into writing the intro paragraph for the inside of the CD sleeve, like Dan South did for the last compilation - are you game?

dB

So then, here's what looks to be the final sequence of the CD:

The Other Side of the Knot - aStor 2:24

Equal To Stars - Don Gunn (The Bleen) 3:23

Chango - Pat Azzarello 5:18

What Are You Waiting For - Craig Anderton 2:41

D Song - Carlo Mezzanotte (Marino) 3:59

Night is Right - Dave Bryce 3:32

Dewpoint - Phil Traynor (Llarion) 3:55

Roboghost - DJ Alloy w/ SP Gulliver 4:05

A Mother's Love - Lincoln Ross 2:58

Slip N Slide - Jazzman 4:11

The Dream - Paul III 4:59

Meteor - Addix Metzatricity 4:46

Christmas Tune - Synthetic 1:55

Mystery - dano 3:00

Happy End - Ian Dixon 5:18

Can't You See I'm Falling In Love - B_3guy 4:49

Spider Boogie - Abracadabra 3:36

Tuba Four - Music*al 4:42

Concerto in Bb for Trumpet and Chamber Orchestra (3rd movement) - Dan South 3:37

Whoa... - Steve LeBlanc 3:41

Mr. Burns - aStor 2:02

I've been moving tunes around and listening to it for a while now so I''m pretty sure that this is the order, but I'm gonna play it in my car for a few days to be sure.

In the meantime, if you want anything about your name or the title of your piece to be changed, speak now.

Steve J, I'll fill in the times for each one later on, but this should be enough to get you started on the layout - your time and energy permitting, of course... ;)

dB

Steve J, I'll fill in the times for each one later on, but this should be enough to get you started on the layout - your time and energy permitting, of course... ;)

dB

Long weekend coming, sounds like I'll be doing it up this weekend.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Thoughts?

dB

Dave, I got to the last part of this thread really late - I suppose my tune, being one of the last to have reached you, would have made a good candidate to be taken out. But I would have hated it, 'cause I'm starting to feel really close to this song. Also, I did my best to send it soon - THEN the postal service did its best to screw it all.

That said, I'm sorry to learn that Jerry's tune is not going to be in; I had avoided going to the mp3 site till now, for lack of time, but I think a visit is now in order. Thank you Jerry!

And speaking of mp3s... Now it comes to mind that I *never* sent you an mp3 of my song!!! I totally forgot... Do you still need it?

Originally posted by marino:

And speaking of mp3s... Now it comes to mind that I *never* sent you an mp3 of my song!!! I totally forgot... Do you still need it?

Nope. Most folks didn't send me mp3s this time - I just converted them myself. No big deal. Yours is already done and awaiting clearance in mp3 jail (am I SURE that I don't wanna be a Premium Member"? :rolleyes: )

dB

Jerry, thank you again...hey, here's another idea - perhaps you might be coerced into writing the intro paragraph for the inside of the CD sleeve, like Dan South did for the last compilation - are you game?

dB

Dave, thank you. I'd be honoured to try. If it ain't pretty you can always chuck it or re-write it. When do you need it?

Cheers,

Jerry

Archived