Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FORUM CD: Rate "The Dream"

Dave Bryce

As many of you know, we are currently in the process of doing another CD compilation of original material submitted by members of this forum.

As with the last original compilation, the entries will be posted for review by all of the members of the forum whether or not they have contributed a piece. With that in mind, please check out "The Dream" (submitted by Paul III), and tell us what you think!

If the artist of the piece would care to post any notes about the piece in this thread, they should feel free to do so.

Thanks for listening!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This song is still in it's uncompressed version. I think the mastering houses have more to work with being uncompressed and I won't be sending it to them until all the songs of the CD are completed. As far as all the musical sounds, I did them all (for the exception of the guitar and vocals) on a Triton ProX88. What a wonderful machine. Thanks for listening,

PAULIII

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Very uplifting! Happy, good feeling.Hard to imagine that all the sounds came from the Triton. Must be a acoustic piano sound from one of the cards, I don't remember the stock piano sound being that good. Great work!

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Don't take this the wrong way, but do I detect a John Tesh (a la Tour de France era) influence on this? It has that big, anthemic feel that some of his earlier work had (yes, I was a fan... :eek: )

It's really an impressive song, though. As a drummer, I'd love to hear a few of the snare hits aligned a little more tightly.

Way to go!

You say John Tesh. I was thinking Yanni. Nice anthem feel.

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Archived