Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alesis Ion Keyboard

bleen

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SimmonsSDX:

mayby is the same designer of Andromeda and waldorf that also design ION.

Somehow, it doesn't look like an Axel Hartmann design to me. Personally, I think the Andromeda is beautiful, but much like sound, visual asthetic is so subjective that I rarely offer my very individualized opinion without expecting some level of dissent.

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

Is it really yellow on the side panel?

It looked a bit more greenish than yellowish to me...I think I called it apple-green in another thread.

Ben, what's the official call on the color?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Questions, let's see...

Yes, you will be able to sync any two, or all three of the oscillators.

Axel Hartmann was not involved in the design of the Ion.

The side panels are more green than yellow. Apple-green sounds about right. It's Pantone 396C for those of you with apantone book.

I have two questions

1.somone says that is even decided that going to be manfacture yet.

2.is true that only will cost 800$

Morten

Access Virus TI keyboard,Alesis ION,Yamaha Motif ES 6,Roland Fantom XR.

If they can bring this in for around $800.00 there might be a waiting list for it. I really want to hear what this thing can do.

Michael

Q:What do you call a truck with nothing in the bed,nothing on the hitch, and room for more than three people in the cab? A:"A car"....

For those of us that deal with visual as well as aural artistics dabblings, Pantone is a system that provides exact color scaling via assigned numbers.

There are basically three systems for determining color for we artists: RGB, used mostly for onscreen systems that use percentages of only three color values (Red, Green, Blue) to create the rest of the spectrum; CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) that are used for printed materials using the four ink colors, and Pantone, which can be applied to any material. Most Pantone values also have an approximate CMYK and RGB value for process printing and the like.

It's actually called the PANTONE Matching System, so the colors are often referred to as PMS (as in PMS 396C). Professional designers all have a Pantone book that allows comparison between the various values.

And there it is...everything you ever wanted to know about color value measurement from the viewpoint of a graphic designer. See, I make ads, brochures, web sites and shit like that. Color makes a difference from time to time.

- Jeff

Hey it's a great tool for color-impaired to hide our ignorance. When my wife says she really likes Aquamarine I can say, I really prefer Pantone XYZ which is a little more vibrant. :freak:

Ok so what is that shade of green in RGB or HSV? :P

Jerry

Jeff, I was afraid that you'd take me seriously! :D (I figured that you already knew better than to take steadyb seriously.)

...But thanks for the very good explanation!

Maybe you already have this gadget:

http://www.pantone.com/products/images/prod_GEBAT100_dk.gif

It's called the Pantone Color Cue . It lets you scan a color on a flat surface and figure out the closest match in the Pantone Matching System.

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Originally posted by Anoplura:

The fully-featured Vocoder lives in the effects chip, completely separate from the synth engine. It has no effect on the available polyphony, and can be used completely independently from the synth, with both modulator and carrier (analysis and synthesis) signals coming in from the (swanky, balanced 24-bit) external inputs, if desired. You can also use any of the internal synth sounds as either the carrier or modulator. The vocoder will have several modes with up to 40 bands.

Are the 40 bands for a mono signal or stereo??? In stereo is it a full 40 per side or 20/20???

Either way this thing sound like it's gonna be really cool...just when I said I wasn't getting anymore hardware synths, this sounds like a "must have" as well. My Andy needs a new little brother. :thu:

Originally posted by steadyb:

[QB]Are the 40 bands for a mono signal or stereo??? In stereo is it a full 40 per side or 20/20???

[QB]

It's 40 mono bands. The basic synth voice is mono up to the output section, where the pan and effects send are - unless you route the filters in stereo. There will also be a 12 Band, vintage style Vocoder which will be in stereo.

The Effects code (including the Vocoder) hasn't been fully implemented, yet. We may add additional features and modes.

The ION prototype looks very good- wise to make it so different than the Andromeda, which is a beauty. The ION looks like something from the illustrations in old Tom Swift books.

Hey Alesis while you're at it how about throwing in a Bode Frequency Shifter? :D

This is the kind of look I'd like to see in a synth:

http://www.kosmolith.com/Nemotron.jpg

Originally posted by Tusker:

Hey it's a great tool for color-impaired to hide our ignorance. When my wife says she really likes Aquamarine I can say, I really prefer Pantone XYZ which is a little more vibrant. :freak:

Ok so what is that shade of green in RGB or HSV? :P

Jerry

What is the midi controller number for end panel color and does Ion implement it?

well, taking advantage of the double post...

I also saw a new VA from korg when I was flipping through their catalog the other day. it certainly looks nice and vintage, but from some of the features I'd say it's probably not gonna be much competition for the ION.

Hey I have some Questions

are the Arp filtertype is that like 2600 and the oberheim filter is that SEM(like A6).

Are the wheels transparent.

I hope the Ion is better for Brass sounds then Waldorf Q(that I sell to get a A6 and Ion) the problem is when I use Chorus on Brass then it lose the volume.

Morten

Access Virus TI keyboard,Alesis ION,Yamaha Motif ES 6,Roland Fantom XR.

If you give it Yamaha CS80 filters, I'll belong to Alesis forever. :D

I'm seriously looking to nab one of these when it comes out, lusting after it more than the Nord Modular, which it takes a lot to do. ;)

This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

Archived