Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's an appropriate sacrifice?

Postman

This morning I'm sending my brand new synth back to the manufacturer. It's a clear case of infant mortality. Bummer, right? There's nothing particularly unusual or alarming about this except that it's the fourth one in a row!

This involves two different manufacturers, so I think it's obvious that I've done something to anger the synth gods, yes?

My question is this: what's an appropriate sacrifice to the gods? A chicken, a bedroom slipper, a giant sloth? What?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you mind telling us what the gear was? I remember you had problems with the dg8, right?

I can say (knock on wood) I've had pretty good luck with gear in the past. I'm having my finger crossed this days, because getting product support for my stuff down here is going to be a nightmare.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Postman:

I think this is related to the disapearance of our "keyboard of the year" poll. It's obvious we have offended. But how? ;)

Think... Was one of your malfunctioning keyboards ON the list?

OK, Try this ... Was one of your of your malfunctioning keyboards NOT on the list?

See ... it all fits together now. :thu::D

Jerry

Originally posted by Postman:

This morning I'm sending my brand new synth back to the manufacturer. It's a clear case of infant mortality. Bummer, right? There's nothing particularly unusual or alarming about this except that it's the fourth one in a row!

This involves two different manufacturers, so I think it's obvious that I've done something to anger the synth gods, yes?

My question is this: what's an appropriate sacrifice to the gods? A chicken, a bedroom slipper, a giant sloth? What?

You must sacrifice your favorite, best keyboard immediately. I'll send you my mailing address...

:cool:

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by steadyb:

Originally posted by mzeger:

You'll need to make a burnt offering. A bassoon will work great.

As would any remaining member of the Grateful Dead.
Dude - they're already burnt... :D

dB

ROTFLMAO :thu:
"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a greedy craven little coward." Daffy Duck

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by steadyb:

Originally posted by mzeger:

You'll need to make a burnt offering. A bassoon will work great.

As would any remaining member of the Grateful Dead.
Dude - they're already burnt... :D

dB

ROTFLMAO :thu:
"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a greedy craven little coward." Daffy Duck

Archived