Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

$%^#*&! - Trying to import CD tracks into Logic on Mac

dansouth

Man, this is frustrating! I'm trying to import audio from a CD into Logic on a Mac. Unfortunately, Logic can't see the audio files on the CD. I tried a MasterLink CD24 cd (ISO 9660 CD-ROM with 24-bit AIFF files). Same thing. Logic refuses to acknowledge that any files exist on the disk. I tried copying the files to the hard drive - same problem. What am I missing here? Quick time can read the CD24 files. iTunes can read the Red Book files. Do I need some sort of conversion program for Logic to read them.

Going nuts!!!!!!!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

go to www.hitsquad.com/smm and download SoundApp - it is a nice little app that converts CD tracks to aiff/wav/system sound etc on Macs - I use it all the time.

Dave

Yes, but I forget exactly how that worked in the older SW. There is a "backup" and there is CD24. The difference is that the backup is unrendered (no dynamics, fades etc) but the files contain this info (track names, level etc.) while a CD24 copy is the file in its original data rate (up to 96k/24) with any process printed (ie destructive).

I'd splurge and archive both ways just to be sure.

Andy

Still trying to limit my posts to one at a time (at the risk of repeating myself, LOL)

Archived