Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Some Cubase Queries

Cezar20

If anybody could assist me with a couple of questions that would be great.

Question 1. Have just recently purchased a new soundcard. Guillemot ISIS. PCI card with 8in-4out break out box. I have the midi cables attached from the midi port on the PCI card to my wonderful, great sounding Technics KN1400 synth (if you could call that piece of shite that). I am able to play midi files from cubase to my keyboard but when I try to record midi from my keyboard it will not register in cubase!>!>! Please help. Previously I had a Guillemot Fortissimo sound card which was just a PCI card and this set up was fine for recording midi.

Question 2. I am recording piano on one track and vocals on the other. Its a cover version of one of my fave songs by the way Overjoyed by Mr Stevie Legend Wonder. I would love for somebody out there to critique my singing style and my novice keyboard ways. Anyhow, I would like to record each part and play it back on different channels. NOt quite sure how to. Many thanks for any response.

Cezar- just a poor fella from Sydney Australia wanting to record some Rnb.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Under 'Options', enable 'multirecord' --> this allows more than one stereo track at a time;

set up your audio card to send your vocal mic to one channel, the synth to a second channel, and the MIDI out through whichever port is working . . . make sure you enable each channel individually through the slide-out tab on the left of the trackspace --> your channels will light up when enabled . . .

If you record your tracks as stereo instead of separate mono tracks, you can adjust the channels individually by holding down 'ALT' on PC or Fct on Apple . . . this includes solo, mute., etc . . .

Originally posted by cesarpunzalan@hotmail.com:

cmon guys somebody must be able to help me wit my cubase probs. please

Also, if you have Cubase 5, check out the rocket network functions if you are interested in collaborating and recording - or check out the web site www.rocketnetwork.com

would always be good to record with another aussie

------------------

www.mp3.com/thirdstoreystory

Archived