Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FORUM CD - THEY'RE HERE!!!!!!

Dave Bryce

The Florida contingent is still waiting; but our inbound post is notoriously slow...

------------------

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.mp3.com/llarion

Smooth Jazz

Cheers!

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FINALLY!!

Got my CD today, sliding it in the tray as we speak....

Sounds GREAT! Got my name wrong (wanted my name, not my handle) but that's OK, no harm done...

Sounds GREAT!

------------------

Cheers!

www.mp3.com/llarion

Smooth Jazz

Cheers!

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Very impressive sound quality throughout. This is a testament to how POORLY MP3 sounds. MasterLink RULES!!

Has anyone heard from Mike Martin lately? His track is extremely impressive and all the better in hi fi. Is he still with Kurz/YC?

That VL1 sax on July 4th just blows me away! Imagine if this technology had made enough money to inspire further R&D!

I'd love to spend the afternoon relaxing in Kelly's Garden.

Well....I finally received my copy of the forum CD and I must say I'm very impressed....wonderful performances by all...although I don't appear on the CD, I couldn't wait to hear the music from all of the members that post here. It was really enjoyable to listen to the various textures and diversity.

The primary element that I felt from listening to this compilation was apparent throughout and is rare by today's standards, and that is the art of projecting something positive. And not to dwell too deeply, I didn't notice one track that even attempted to project negative overtones. I simply felt good about all of the music presented. Tastefully Done!!!

Nice work by all.....and btw...I came walking into work today singing to myself "I'm a long way from home".....cool tune Pim....

Dave...Thank You so much for allowing me to obtain a copy.....I'm looking forward to the next venture....peace and God Bless....

I suppose it's time to ask if all of my east coast brethern and cistern have received copies of our CD. I have not yet, and I'm Jonesing for it.

I want to hear it in hi-fi (or in my case mid-to-lo-fi) splendor. I want to see my name in lights so to speak. You know what freaks me out about this? Having a song on the same CD as Craig Anderton. Now, Craig's not a proper rock star or anything, but I've known who he is and what he does since I was 16 or 17, and I'm way older than that now. He's synonymous with DIY recording and has been forever. In a broad socio-cultural sense, he invented me (no legal responsibility implied here, Craig). It's weird to be on a CD with your maker. Anyway, I want mine.

John

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

So I am sitting in the home office in suburban Flower Mound (where the postal service is so slow, it makes you feel you are out in the country) and my wife comes in carrying two tan coloured envelopes.

"Hey, who's CB?"

"You don't mean DB do you?" (Hope rises.)

"Ummh...... Yeah that's it. I guess it could be a D."

"Give me that." I say, "It's the CD's."

And they are. They are. They are here.

They are.... awesome.

I am so happy to own this. Proud to have contributed a track along with the rest of you. Dave, the sequencing is inspired. The artwork is cool. The individual tunes are super-cool, but this compilation is so much more than the sum of it's parts. There's only one problem I can see.......... how do you top this? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

Cheers,

Jerry

http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/otn/realhappy/yl2jump.gif

This message has been edited by Tusker on 10-02-2001 at 05:34 PM

Has anyone heard from Mike Martin lately? His track is extremely impressive and all the better in hi fi. Is he still with Kurz/YC?

HERE I AM. Sorry for the lack of attendance lately. I've been rather busy. To make matters worse, my DSL line was down for a while...until today!!

To answer your question, Yes I'm still with YC/Kurzweil. Things are going great, just keeping me busier than I used to be. In fact I've been so crazy I never got my money out to DB for my copy of the CD. Am I to late??

Thank you for your comments on that song. Its rare that I finish a piece of music and more rare that I share it with anyone. This certainly encourages me to work on some more music. Thank you.

I realized shortly after I mixed it and sent it off that two tracks were accidently muted in that mixdown. Oh well maybe I'll just keep them out.

-Mike Martin

This message has been edited by Mike Martin on 10-04-2001 at 04:11 PM

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Originally posted by Mike Martin:

In fact I've been so crazy I never got my money out to DB for my copy of the CD. Am I to late??

Nope.

In fact, since you had emailed me and told me how swamped you were and that you really wanted a copy, I took the liberty of fronting you one.

I sent it few days ago when I sent Joe Gerardi his copy.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I was going to make it a point to praise my favorites when I got the CD, but it's impossible. I like too much of it. It really sounds great top to bottom (except that all the other tunes make my mix sound small and cramped and mushy -- admittedly not an objective opinion).

Okay, just one: I'm really grooving on the track by that hideous Laker propagandist, Steadyb.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by procontrolmomma:

i don't know if it is possible to get a cd still. did it have to be pre-ordered? david, do you have one left that i could buy? i'd love to hear more from the crowd.

Absolutely.

I have five of the CDs left, and you're welcome to buy one, if you'd like.

Send $20 to:

David Bryce

PMB 669

2060-D Avenida de Los Arboles

Thousand Oaks, CA, 91362-1361

and I'll send it out to you right away.

I'm glad to see you on the forum, BTW. Say hey to Harry for me!

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I have five of the CDs left, and you're welcome to buy one, if you'd like

Dave, I wonder if you should hang on to a couple in case some don't make it. I haven't received mine yet.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Originally posted by b_3guy:

Dave, I wonder if you should hang on to a couple in case some don't make it. I haven't received mine yet.

How long does stuff usually take to make it from the Southwest US up there to you? I wonder if the current state of world affairs is messing with customs and/or the mail in general? The Florida guys are just getting theirs - that's a bit slow...

I will actually be interested to see how long it takes the five international CDs (you, Pim, Marino, Cameron and Smed-man) to get them...

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

How long does stuff usually take to make it from the Southwest US up there to you?

dB

When I sent my MP3 & later, the audio file to you, I sent them Air Mail which took 4 days, less than the 7 or 8 days they estimated. They said if it was sent regular mail, it would take 14 days. I know for a fact the CD's I sent you went through New York. Perhaps the return trip is the same & it's anybody's guess when I'll see them. So if it's not too much of a problem, maybe hang on to some. It's not a big deal when I get them, just I would like to get them eventually.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

bookmark one for me please, and i'll send the 20 bucks today. i can't wait to hear it.

Cool! It's a trippy little collection, to be sure. There are some seriously talented folks hanging out here.

we LOVE the ADAMs. so does everyone else.

Glad to hear it. I actually mastered the Keyboard Comp CD using a pair of S4-As, so I'm thinking that it'll sound just about ideal on yours... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

dB

I'm curious who has gotten their CDs, and who hasn't...

Here is a list of people that I know for sure have theirs:

Rod CA

Soapbox

SWeibel

SWBuck

Botch

PatAzz

Synthetic

DanSouth (did you get your other set?)

Llarion

Marvster

MindDrive

Steve LeBlanc

Tusker

Magpel

f7sound

felix

steadyb

lrossmusic

That's less than half the discs that were mailed.

So who else has gotten them? Except for the five International orders, I'm thinking that everyone else should have them by now...

dB

Dave I visited my box today and got the CD's. Thanks a lot I look forward to listening. I last checked my box earlier this week so I'm not sure exactly when they arrived. Again I really appreciate all the effort you put into this project and I'm honored to be a part of it. Will definitely share my comments once I've had a chance at a good uninterrupted listen.

This message has been edited by lrossmusic@hotmail.com on 10-07-2001 at 05:09 PM

Dave, I received the CD's that were mailed to my house, but not the ones sent to the PO box (3). I asked the guy at the PO on Thursday to look around, but no dice.

The others arrived in great shape, and I've been enjoying my copy immensely.

This message has been edited by dansouth@yahoo.com on 10-08-2001 at 01:14 AM

Came today! Sounds great, good job mastering, Dave. Very different stuff, but with continuity. Passes the shitty-boombox-in-the-next-room test, too.

No problems with the packaging or shipping, looks swanky.

And of course most importantly of all, the music is really good- the mp3s only give you a fair idea of what it sounds like. Thanks everyone who participated!

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

-CB

Archived