Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

You favorite Cartoon

Dr Teeth

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have this breathtaking piece of Warner bros art called "Speechless"...

You can see it here:

http://www.allanimation.com/speechless.html

Warner bros (especially the Chuck Jones directed episodes) are my favorite cartoon shorts, followed by Pink Panther.

Disney feature animation is a big thing with me too...

------------------

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.mp3.com/llarion

Smooth Jazz

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Dragon Ball Z. It's like my soap opera.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Dragon Ball Z. It's like my soap opera.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Looney Tunes are the all time classics. You can just tell that the creative team wasn't just interested in making things funny for kids, they were filling them with all sorts of things adults would "get" as well as having a lot of fun.

As far as movies, the Disney stuff rules. Snow White, Fantasia, etc.

I also like the Flintstones and Simpsons, South Park (crude, but very funny - and they make fun of EVERYONE), Beevis and Butt-Head and Ren & Stimpy ("Stimpy, you BLOATED SACK!").

As far as "print" cartoons, I enjoy Bloom County / Outland, Calvin and Hobbes, Peanuts, and of course, The Far Side. My favorite Far Sides are "Welcome to Heaven, here's your harp / Welcome to Hell, here's your accordion", "Bobbing for poodles" and the all time classic where the band is up on stage getting pelted with tomatoes and beer bottles while the sound guy is turning up a large knob on the board labeled "SUCK"!

And I wish I could find the old Doonesbury cartoon that had the guy showing up in the studio and asking where everyone was... he's going to need sweetening, where's the drummer, etc. and the engineer basically says "I have strings on a floppy that will give you diabetes" and "drummers are extinct" and when the guy says "hey, about my vocals..." the engineer comes back with "got it covered dude". Someone framed that in the late 80's and gave it to me, but it got lost.... I'd buy a Doonsbury book just for that cartoon if I could find one with it in there. Anyone know where I can find it?

Phil O'Keefe

Sound Sanctuary Recording

Riverside CA

http://members.aol.com/ssanctuary/index.html

pokeefe777@msn.com

The Simpsons (although I think the new episodes are getting less and less funny)

Futurama

Merry Melodies/Looney Tunes

Tom and Jerry

and on a side note, my least favorite cartoons include...

The Flinstones (even hated them as a kid)

Anything on Cartoon Network. The drawings are shit, they run at 2 frames per second, and they're not violent enough.

Mike

The Pink Panther

The Tick

The Flintstones

Beavis and Butt-head

Liquid Television (various animators)

Who Framed Roger Rabit?

The Simpsons

I like the old cartoons (don't remember whether it's Looney or Warner) that featured Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody (no. ?) as background music.

ba-dum-bum-BUM ba-dum-bum-BUM ba-dum-bum-BUM ba-dum-bum-BUM

This message has been edited by dansouth@yahoo.com on 08-19-2001 at 09:55 AM

I like the old cartoons (don't remember whether it's Looney or Warner)

Warner Bros made Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies cartoons. Did they make other cartoons as well?

that featured Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody (no. ?) as background music.

No. 2, I think. C# minor. Heckuva piece to try and play...man that cat was talented. Both he and Chopin knock me out - those guys aren't just playing that pyrotechnical musical gymnastic stuff - they wrote it. Wow.

ba-dum-bum-BUM ba-dum-bum-BUM ba-dum-bum-BUM ba-dum-bum-BUM

It's in the piano duel sequence in Roger Rabbit as well, IIRC.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Man that cat (Liszt) was talented. Both he and Chopin knock me out

Saw Chopin's grave recently in Paris (same cemetery as Jim Morrison's). Very classy and well maintained. A nice tribute.

Animation:

Looney Tunes for me. The music was great, too.

Rocky and Bullwinkle. The gags were hilarious...and you had to be an adult to appreciate some of 'em. A few were even rather risque.

I like some Anime stuff, mainly for its surreal quality.

Print cartoons...

Calvin and Hobbes and Peanuts. I will say the guy who draws "Funky Winkerbeam" has had some good ones, too...kinda thought provoking.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Cartoons I love:

The Simpsons,

Looney Toons,

The Tick,

Ren & Stimpy

Cartoons I hate:

Anything from Hanna Barbarra

Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong: James Bryce

1) Dragonball Z

2) Looney Tunes (really Foghorn Leghorn)

3) Dexter's Laboratory

4) DON'T LAUGH...The Powerpuff Girls

5) Rocko's Modern Life

And the list goes on....I LOVE CARTOONS!!!

Yamaha MODX8, Korg Kronos 2 61, Hammond B3, Novation 61SL MKII, Impulse 61, Roland D-550, Proteus 2000, etc......to name a few.

Originally posted by MindDrive:

1) Speed Racer

2) Marine Boy

3) Astro Boy

4) 8th Man (Tobar)

5) Johnny Quest (original version)

I haven't seen or even thought about Tobor (it was Robot spelled backwards! I can't believe that I still remember that!) or Marine Boy in years! Are they still on somewhere?

I have a bunch of Jonny Quest on LaserDisc - my five-year-old loves them. He digs Underdog, too - found that on DVD, believe it or not...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Dave.....you can find 8th Man (Tobor) and Astro Boy on Amazon.com......at this moment I can't remember where I saw Marine Boy stuff....but when I do...i'll let you know....

something on the comical side.......Wally Gator!!!

thanks....joe

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Both he and Chopin knock me out - those guys aren't just playing that pyrotechnical musical gymnastic stuff - they wrote it. Wow.

I remember the Merry Melodies series would always play something from Chopin or Mozart. As a child, I remember seeing Bugs Bunny sit at the piano and play the "Minute" Waltz by Chopin. I love the fact that I can play that piece now; it brings back memories.

Mike

This message has been edited by DOS on 08-22-2001 at 02:13 AM

Archived