Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

looking for sax riff samples

Mark Zeger

Yes, I know I'm keeping a sax player out of work but...

I'm looking for a CD-ROM (Kurzweil format preferred), or even audio or AIFF files, of sax and other horn riffs to drop into a piece I'm doing on spec (smooth jazz genre). I've got plenty single note samples but, without a breath controller, authentic phrasing is tough to reproduce. I know of one, Psychic Horns, but I'm looking for other options.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well i have many riff of alto, tenor, soprano and baritone... My CD came with a future music(in sapnish) magazine... i think it is numbre 38... i´ll check and i´ll tell you. May be i could hang that riff for you to download them... stay in contact edgarddm@yahoo.com
Rebuilding My Self

thanks, LatinMusic & Bluebus - let me know if you can e-mail a sample file (mzeger@aol.com)

I found a brass/horns CD in the Soundscan series from Big Fish Audio. These CDs are cheap so it makes me wonder how much or little material is on them. GC has a rebate bringing the price to around $25 - at that price, the risk is pretty low.

Originally posted by LatinMusic:

I'll E mail you some samples... How many do you want? and do you want form baritone, alto, soprano, or tenor?

Just soprano and/or alto, no bari or low range tenor needed. It's for a smooth jazz/R&B jingle with a Sanborn/Koz/Albright/Grover Washington Jr. vibe. I figure I can piece together a few riffs to make a sax fill over Imaj7/IVmaj7 changes in the bridge.

thanks again

There is a Sonic Foundry ACID Loop CD-ROM called Vince Andrews Horns & Woodwinds. It has quite a bit of sax material on it.

http://www.sonicfoundry.com/loop_libraries/ShowLoop.asp?PID=172

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Archived