Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Forum name change?

Dave Bryce

I missed this thread the first time around. I think I was out of town.

I'm surprised that no one suggested Dave's World or my favorite, The Keyboard Coroner!

Actually, those would be better TV show ideas. Of course, "Dave's World" has already been done; but I can see "The Keyboard Coroner" doing well, with "CSI" as a lead-in! :D

Oh yeah, even though the voting is long over, I vote for the status quo. :thu:

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Keyboard Corner best because

1. It sounds more like a refuge for people that want to get away from the spastic nonsense of some other forums and just relax with friends. (We need a piano bar. Hmmm. The Piano Bar? Oops. Never mind.)

2. Keyboardists like to gather in the corner to share secrets and talk about everyone else.

3. If you change the name what do you do with all those CDs that have been released?

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Keyboard Corner is cool but here are few suggestions for a name change:

Dave Bryce and His Band Of Crazy Hippies

KeyBoard Constellation

Disco Dave's Get Down Place

Keyboards Are Macho (they really are)

and the number one replacement name for this forum is:

Sports and Keyboards

I like corner best too. Keyboard Community is just too PC for me and Keyboard World definitely strikes me as a large piano and organ store with poorly dressed used piano and organ salespeople playing old showtunes to demo the boards.

When I first came here, I came because it was Keyboard Magazine's forum and I have been a long time subscriber/reader of Keyboard Magazine. I remember noticing the name Keyboard Corner and thinking, "cool, a little slice of the site just specifically set aside for us keyboard players." I liked the cozy sound of it and wasn't put off by it as being segregated or marginalized at all. In fact, it added to the appeal and made it sound more like a community to me than the other names would.

Just my $0.02, and in any case, thanks to both Dave and Craig for providing this space for us all!! :)

Originally posted by Krakit:

I still like "corner" best, but if the feeling is that the word "corner" doesn't fill the reader with enough scope, than I'd suggest "Keyboard World" over "Keyboard Community", which sounds far too PTA for me.

I imagine blue haired old biddies complaining about pot holes, when I see the word "community".

Carl

I know at jams the keyboard always seems to get stuck in a corner, as far away as possible from the basess and drums :rolleyes: so I think all keyboardists can relate to the current name.

If we are going to change it, my choice would be "Mrs Miggins Tea Shop".

However, I know that won't fly, so how about "Prestidigitators Paradise"

As for Keyboard Kommunity, it sounds like an assisted living center for ex-musicians.

THIS IS AN OLD THREAD, eh?!

Why change the forum name? I like The Keyboard Corner. But check this out:

1. Keep the original name (Keyboard Corner).

2. Bryce's Key Players

3. Dave's Nook of Keyboardists

4. dB Synth Hut

5. The Hunt for the Black & White Keys

6. Keyboard Flava

7. Computers, Keyboards, and More Forum

8. What Keyboard Do You Jam On The Most Forum

9. All You Need is a Triton To Make Music Forum

10. The Lone Keyboardist

11. Keyboardist: Let's Hear, See and Discuss It Forum

12. Comp This!

13. You Really Do Need Us On Stage

:D;):P:(:D

I like 'Keyboard Corner', but if a change were available, what about The Keyboard Lounge?

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

How about...

The Keyboard Korner..

The Krazy Keyboard Korner..

The Kracked up Krazy Keyboard Korner..

Dave's House OF Fun..

Steadyb's Laker Shine and haven..

Meccajay's NFL Mecca..

Dave's Kozy NFL and Keyboards Emporium..

Let's talk Keyboards....naw lets really talk about the NFL while everyone else talks about the Karma, the Triton, softsynth's and soundcards, cause it's football season and damnit Ive waited a long time for this, and besides Madden is on Monday Night Football this season and Im so excited I just cant stand to talk about anyting else right now..

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by MidiRat:

Originally posted by jla@hib.no:

keyboard mart, or k-mart for short

And a separate "for sale" section called the 'bluelight specials' :rolleyes:

ROTFLMAO

Michael

...and you guys were worried about it going away before? Wouldn't this increase our chances of being shut down? Plus, we'd have to be in bed with Martha Stewart! :eek::P

Archived