Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

more inputs for 2408

After 10 years of sequencing (using Vision exclusively...f-Opcode), I entered the world of recording audio on my Mac 6 months ago with a MOTU 2408 & DP2.71. I probably should have spent the extra $$ for the 24i Core System because I don't have an ADAT/DA-xx and now I could use more than 8 analog ins (primarily for synths & samplers).

I need advice on a cost effective direction to go. There's the hardware mixer route, typically a Mackie 1604 or 1402. The preferred option is to keep mixing in DP and expand the 2408, either with another MOTU box, an Alesis AI-3 (recommended by a salesperson), even a DMTI for my K2500 might help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently purchased a DBX DDP ( 2 channel compressor ) w/ the digital ins and outs ( S/PDIF ). For $400 I got 2 channels of compression and 2 more live inputs to the MOTU 2408. If you need compression anyway, like I did, it was a nice bonus. Otherwise, I know you can find used 2408s for around $500. The Alesis unit will cost you at least that ( & Tascam makes a similar unit- with 8 preamps and the TDIF out ).

Michael

Originally posted by mzeger:

After 10 years of sequencing (using Vision exclusively...f-Opcode), I entered the world of recording audio on my Mac 6 months ago with a MOTU 2408 & DP2.71. I probably should have spent the extra $$ for the 24i Core System because I don't have an ADAT/DA-xx and now I could use more than 8 analog ins (primarily for synths & samplers).

I need advice on a cost effective direction to go. There's the hardware mixer route, typically a Mackie 1604 or 1402. The preferred option is to keep mixing in DP and expand the 2408, either with another MOTU box, an Alesis AI-3 (recommended by a salesperson), even a DMTI for my K2500 might help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have seen the 1st generation, (not Mk2) 2408's , core system demo units for as little as 250.00 in the Guitar center "preferred member" fliers.

Watch for those, there is some great deals in there.

-hippie

In two days, it won't matter.

Archived