Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What about ResRocket?

what if music player sponsored a ResRocket studio so all of us members could collaborate on our very own ResRocket studio. how cool whould that be?

of course after i thought about it, i use DP which is FreeMidi and just cant get OMS to work properly and its much easier to connect using logic or cubase obviously. whats up with that MOTU?

alphajerk

FATcompilation

"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>what if music player sponsored a ResRocket studio so all of us members could collaborate on our very own ResRocket studio. how cool whould that be?<<

We're looking into it...

For the uninitiated, Res Rocket is the company behind the concept of "online studios" where people can collaborate. This requires special software which is now built in to several programs, including Pro Tools, Cubase, and Logic. The concept is actually very cool. I have not worked with it yet personally, but expect to be doing so very soon.

Anybody out there use ResRocket? What do you think? Does it work well? Problems? Cool stories to tell about online collaboration?

Well, cool stories about online collaboration...I think it's the wave of the future, to some degree.

Another website I frequent...www.recordingwebsite.com has been involved in something called the "Subterranean Recordings"...first done as a challenge to see if it could be done. Participants had to collaborate with someone at least 200 miles away. I think it's up to Volume VII now, so it can be an enjoyable pasttime...and I'm sure it's an endeavor whose efficiency will only increase with time at some rate de/dT http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

>>I'm concerned about my lowly 56k dial up, though.<<

Not that big a problem. You can squirt low-res MP3s back and forth pretty fast for "proofing." MIDI data is lightning fast. When you're ready to do the final mix, fed ex a CD with the "real" parts.

Just an FYI, if anyone cares: The current company is Rocket Network; ResRocket was the original thing back a few years ago. It supported only MIDI collaboration as I recall. Rocket Network also incorporates systems for extremely fast transfer of audio data along with MIDI over the Internet.

The ResRocket site (www.resrocket.com) still exists, but is largely just a pointer to www.rocketnetwork.com

------------------

Mitch Gallagher

Editor

EQ magazine

[This message has been edited by EQ_Editor (edited 11-26-2000).]

the poster formerly known as MitchG formerly known as EQ_Editor

Originally posted by EQ_Editor:

Just an FYI, if anyone cares: The current company is Rocket Network; ResRocket was the original thing back a few years ago. It supported only MIDI collaboration as I recall. Rocket Network also incorporates systems for extremely fast transfer of audio data along with MIDI over the Internet.

The ResRocket site (www.resrocket.com) still exists, but is largely just a pointer to www.rocketnetwork.com

Yep. the Audio transfers are really fast for a 56k modem(Like mine) i can download a multitrack song lets say 12 tracks 5 min long at 44.1/16 in about 15 minutes. It is the future. im yet to try it with logic but it works fine with cubase.

Cheers

Archived