Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How do you secure "e-payment?"

I've been gearing up to do some "Remote Session" gigs to try and fill in some of the gaps in the work schedule. I've got all the logistics to DO THE JOB worked out. But I haven't figured out yet how to guarentee the payment for said work.

I just got an email this weekend from PayPal stating new security restrictions because CUSTOMERS WERE PAYING FOR GOODS WITH STOLEN CREDIT CARDS AND VENDORS WERE RIPPING OFF CUSTOMERS WITH VAPORWARE! Now if the vaporware vendor sold to the customer with the stolen credit card, they could cancel each other out and the rest of us could get on with our lives. But since it never "flows like dat".....................

How do you guys doing these kinds of sessions gaurentee that you'll get paid for your work?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...

...there is no way to know online, if a CC is stolen...when they provide all the necessary ID info.

As far as someone selling vaporware, online...well, you won't know until you receive it, or I guess...until you DON'T receive it... :(

...and that should fall under mail fraud...so you may have some recourse.

My approach is to do as much checking/research before I hit the Buy It Now button.

I wanna' see some digital credentials...and I like to feel comfortable when I am on someone's site.

If the place is a shambles....or if it looks like someone just put up an online "tent" instead of a real online "store"...

...I stay away.

But I like you idea of the two negatives canceling each other out!!! :thu:

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Here's a thought - I wonder if you could sell via somewhere like Kagi - where the software is an MP3 file rather than an application?

Kagi has a good reuptation etc - maybe that would work?

Originally posted by David Holloway:

Here's a thought - I wonder if you could sell via somewhere like Kagi - where the software is an MP3 file rather than an application?

Kagi has a good reuptation etc - maybe that would work?

Keyplayer: I'm not familiar with Kagi. Could you explain what that is and how it works?

Archived