Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Internotes Vol 2 - Expression of Interest

Hi all,

If you are either an individual or a group, give your details here if you'd like to take part in Internotes Vol 2.

If an individual, could you please list:

1. Your location

2. Instruments played

3. Preferred musical styles

4. Any other skills (mixing / mastering etc)

5. Any other comments

If a group of people (including Internotes Vol 1 participants) please list:

1. Musical style (if known)

2. List of group members and instruments played

3. Person who will coordinate the collaboration process (if required)

Please try to avoid general discussion on this thread to make it easier to correlate the results. There is a separate Internotes FAQ thread if you have any questions.

:thu:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deffinatly up for this as an individualaswell with my writing partner.Sounds like fun :)

1. Your location: London England

2. Instruments played: Bass, Guitar, Drums and some keys

3. Preferred musical styles: prefer Funkystuff but all styles can be catered for

4. Any other skills (mixing / mastering etc): I can write and record within a day, which is not a problem as have my own studio setup at home

5. Any other comments: whatever you want, i can try and do. :)

I'm game. From canada.

I write.

Sing

Play Guitar

Mix

Produce.

IMDB Credit list

President George Washington: "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."

President Abraham Lincoln: "The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion."

Originally posted by Curve Dominant:

1. Your location: Philadelphia

2. Instruments played: vocals, guitar, bass, keys, percussions

3. Preferred musical styles: Urban

4. Any other skills (mixing / mastering etc): recorded and mixed in house

5. Any other comments: where do I send the mix to?

Hi Curve,

Nothing finalised as far as where mix should be sent to - once groups are finalised then all that stuff will be sorted out for sure.

Thanks to you and everyone else so far for expressing interest. If any of you want to commence making contact with others whose skills interest you, go for it :thu:

1. Location: North Carolina, USA

2. Instruments played: Guitar, Drums, drum machine

3. Preferred musical styles: rock, pop, blues.

4. Influences: Black Sabbath, AC/DC, White Stripes, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Howlin' Wolf, Lightnin' Hopkins

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

I be still innahrasted.

1. Your location. So Cal, U S of A

2. Instruments played Acoustic Guitar. A bit of banjo, mandolin, resonator & electric guitar.

3. Preferred musical styles. Americana, Country, Southern Rock, Blues.

4. Any other skills. (Drinkin' 'n' druggin' 'n' watchin' TV) I can Mix a bit. Vocals :freak: Some Live Sound. Telling Lies.

5. Any other comments. Can supply some web space. Have a great CD label program.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

You can count Double Post in!

We have never stopped and are currently working on 4 songs, one of which has been carried over from Internotes 1 as it wasn't completed in time. Who knows what will happen between now and October but we would be happy to contribute any completed works.

Umm, a bit of a blend of lots of different styles with each member contributing their own flavour & ideas.

2. List of group members and instruments played.

Pauldil: Guitar

Rim: Guitar & keys

WOW: Guitar, bass & mixing

ibescotty: Bass & vocals

flyscots: engineering/mixing/playing with sounds, whatever you wanna call it!

DJDM: Keys & programming (part time member ;) )

?????: Drums (identity withheld pending further talks!)

That'll be me, although it is of course a team effort. Does that make me the producer?

Thanks Nursers,

John Scott

DOUBLE POST

Various ;)

2. List of group members and instruments played

Bunny - guitars, drums, vocals, just about anything.

Rog - mixing, synth wrangler, guitar?

Nursers - synth, backing vocals if desperate

Wewus - guitar, vocals

Is there Gas in the Car - keys

TBA

Hi nursers. We are the Band "F.A.Q." from Bern, Switzerland, and I am Luis Tovar, the bass player, from Mexico City. Your project sounds really interesting.

The style is pop-rock

1. Vocals, percussion - Mireille Uebelhart,

2. Lead Guitar - Reto Bruner

3. Rh. guitar - Daniel Sdiri

4. Drums - Martin Lang

5. Bass - Luis Tovar

Contact person is Luis Tovar (luistovarvet@yahoo.com) in Zurich, Switzerland.

But I don't get it. You include recorded songs, you record a song with the band and produce the record, or you take the song, play and record it yourself? :confused:

"If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn"

Charlie Parker

The idea Luis, is to form a virtual group. A kind of team of players from many different styles and backgrounds to create a piece of music from the ground up. What we did for the first volume was have each member of the team contribute and idea (if they had one), vote for two of them to work with and create two finished tunes ready for mastering. What makes it really interesting is to work with players whom you've never even heard, much less met or actually played with.

If there's anyone overhere who can use me in anyway,... I'm available...

1. Your location - Amsterdam/Netherlands

2. Instruments played - Guitar,Bass,Keys,Synths and Blues Harp but mainly a vocalist. Rap/Funk/Reggae

Funk,HipHop,Reggae,dance and Blues all mixed as long as it's new and daring.

4. Any other skills (mixing / mastering etc)- I mix and master all my own stuff and am a wizard with sampling and drumcomputers.

5. Any other comments - do I get free beers for this?

Well if you wanna team up or got some job for me,....just Pm me or Mail me.

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

1. Your location: England: Soon to go back home to Uganda (East Africa)

2. Instruments played: Bass and some Keyboards + drums.

3. Preferred musical styles: Roots Reggae + African fusion. I write hundreds of songs. I have a huge unreleased catalog.

4. Any other skills (mixing / mastering etc): I can programme, a little mixing.

5. Any other comments: Where can I find info on the past project? When do we start and what is involved?

Member # 16681

posted 06-06-2004 01:00 AM                      

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all:

I´m individual, so:

1. Your location.- Mexico City

2. Instruments played.- Synths

3. Preferred musical styles.- Techno-Pop

4. Any other skills .- composing and a little mixing and mastering

Yuri A. Robles

www.ohmioaudio.com

Thanks so much to everyone who's expressed interest. I will close things this coming weekend and then post the final list. Then we can try to sort out some groups. Any individual wanting to make contact with other individuals in the meantime is more than welcome to do so :thu::thu:

Nursers,

I'm talking to a couple of the guys over on the guitar forum about forming a virtual band, and have an original song in mind, but those guys haven't signed up on this thread. Do I need to get them to post to this thread, or can I just ammend my post to include their names, or what?

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Originally posted by nursers:

1. Your location

2. Instruments played

5. Any other comments

My name is Duddits. i am a cat from Yap, Micronesia.

I play the piano and, by extension, synthesizer keyboard.

I have no preferred musical styles, but vary from classical to rap.

While I am a keyboard player, I am more of a composer these days than a performer.

Don't know if it's possible to squeeze me in -- if it is, great. If not, life goes on.

CURVE: Have you been to Morimoto's?

Dooby Dooby Doo

1. Golden, CO.

2. Drums (primary, since '74 though I'm rusty); rhythm guitar, some bass, some keys, BGvox. SFX

3. Up for most anything except metal, rap, and what's passing as R&B lately.

4. Tracking/mixing in DP 4.12. Pretty good room to do mixing in. Patient ears. Working in and out of studios since '85.

5. Been awhile since I've done anything outside of my own little world, so my contributions may be questionable, but I'd like to give it a shot. Certainly won't be offended if you tell me all my efforts are suck.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Originally posted by bluestrat:

Nursers,

I'm talking to a couple of the guys over on the guitar forum about forming a virtual band, and have an original song in mind, but those guys haven't signed up on this thread. Do I need to get them to post to this thread, or can I just ammend my post to include their names, or what?

Hey bluestrat,

That's great news. Just amend your original post. :thu:

Hi, I'm in the absolute middle of the original 48 states.

I play guitar, keys, bass, trumpet, and harmonica more or less in that order. Jack of many, master of none. Right now, though, I'm limited to keys because of recent shoulder surgery. It's getting better, but will take a while - I go to the doc tomorrow and I hope he steps up my therapy.

I like all kinds of music and have jammed with just about every kind of player. I play predominately in the rock, folk, and blues vein.

I propose to add lyrical input, as that has been said to be my strength over the years.

My cyber skills are weak, but I've been using Cubase on a Mac with a Tascam US428. While I'm off work for my shoulder, which may be a while yet, I plan to get some of my stuff online. Since I installed broadband, I've listened to some of this forum's participants MP3's and am truly impressed.

Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

1. Your location - Charleston, SC

2. Instruments played - bass, upright bass, backing vocals, can have a bash at the drums, also have a friend who's a killer harp player who would like to participate

3. Preferred musical styles - power pop/rock, alt. country, weirdness and noise (often all at the same time)

4. Any other skills - decent recording skills (CEP)and equipment

Well, I just spent the better part of the afternoon setting my kit up in the basement. (This basement, for some reason, sounds pretty damned good.) Lots of misplaced parts, forgotten things.

Surprised to find that I can, indeed, still play. I won't tell you how long it's been since I've had the kit up and actually used it. Even set it up in completely new way for me...and it feels really good.

I think I'd like to give drums on one of these tracks a shot. I may kick myself later for saying that...

Realizing, too, the options I would have for recording this kit...laptop, DP4.12, rack processing, good mics, etc. Way cool...I can take all my shit downstairs and bring the tracks back up to the studio when I'm done. Heh. :D

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Originally posted by nursers:

1. Your location

Georgia

2. Instruments played

Guitar, mess about with some percussion, have access to a keyboard to make weird noises :P

Blues, Hard Rock (not metal, really)

Mixing, mastering, etc. :D

5. Any other comments

mrrr.

Archived