Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A Little Acoustic Blues.......

or...... "Let's Produce Steve's Music For Free". :D

I recorded the old Bo Diddley song Before You Accuse Me with acoustic guitar and voice, direct to minidisc, then recorded it into my computer using Cool Edit, but I haven't edited it at all.

You've probably heard Eric Clapton's version of this song, and Delbert McClinton has a cool version.

This is a totally raw track with multiple level problems, little flubs etc. but I think it could be useable with some work.

Also... I left space in the middle there for some blues soloing if anyone is interested in doing that, and if you wanted to extend that you could just copy and paste that section to make it longer. I sent the MP3 to Bunny and I'll post an address to download from, soon as I get it.

I've got the Wav file also if anyone wants me to upload that, but there are no seperate vocal and guitar tracks, this is just a live, stereo, off the cuff take, of guitar and voice.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the link- BeforeYouAccuseMe .

What I'm looking for here is some editing to fix mistakes, and some acoustic lead in the middle of the song, and/or anything else you want to do.

You might need the Wav file to do this right, but check out the MP3. Here's some things I noticed.

I flubbed one of the last turn arounds a bit so that needs to be cut out and replaced with a good one earlier in the song.

The voice is distorting in several places, I think, not sure what's going on there.

I sound like a hick when I say- mind- on the last verse, it came out mand.

When I sing the word-self-the f's sound strange in places, maybe my fat lips, replace with digital thin lips.

After the third verse I do that solo instrumental, and it sounds rushed, need to smooth that out.

I'd like to see if I can make useable demos this way, going direct to minidisc, and then getting some help with the rest, because I'm not really set up here to do multitracking, plus it'll just be fun to see if I can trick you guys into doing all the work, like I did with The GOR song.

EDIT SCHMEDIT!!!!

I like the vibe. Just put in some practice so you can do a usable take. I'd be happy to mix some of these type demos for you, but editing for mistakes gives me the willies. :D

I have some mp3's HERE of my cover band's demo I did on my CoMPoOteR. :freak:

So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Hey Khan, yeah that take kind of sucks, now that I listen to it more, so I'll keep plugging away, and come up with a better take.

Think you could put some acoustic lead guitar on there?

I've got a lot more covers and original acoustic blues/boogie type music, but....... let's take it one song at a time.

Steve, Believe it or not I don't even own an acoustic guitar (except a classical) . It would be very easy to do some Strat tracks though. Anyhow, I'd be glad to help if you would like. :wave:

The truth is, The old SSS got very stale with all of the political shit, and I just drifted away for a while. When I checked back recently I saw that all that BS was moved to it's own forum. Add to that Phil's new foum, and I've been posting now and then, and reading here again.

i guess you can come home again. :)

Besides, as much as I might not want to admit it, I've got to have an occasional 'WEWUS FIX'. ;)

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd poke my nose in and check things out... Welcome back Kahn.... I listened to both Wewus's track and one of Kahns' tracks; I'll be downloading the other two also. Nice bluesy stuff going on Steve and I agree with Kahn on just a tad bit of practice to get it up to snuff. This is the first time I've heard you sing.... nice Cocker style. :thu:

Kahn, I listened to MMS and, as always, was impressed. Still really like your Pink Floyd too... you guys were kick-butt on that Chicago tune though; it was your band playing the music... correct? I'm going download the other two and hear them out. It's good to see you hanging back around.

Damn Kahn!!!!

You and I must be soul mates... or at least the person that selects your set list is. Every single song that I've listened to that you and your band have covered have been all time favorites of mine. I bet you like Drops of Jupiter by Train also.

A long, long time ago you offered... and I was pretty timid about opening up to giving out my addy... if the offer is still open, I wouldn't mind having a copy of some of your works. If you have CD's for sale, I don't mind paying for one if you want to point me in the right direction to where I can purchase one. Great work on the tunes you guys cover.

Ani. Just PM me with your addy, and I'll be happy to send out some stuff. Thanks for the kind words. :)

Make Me Smile isn't finished yet. It still needs background vocals and some percussion parts.

Got a little busy here Khan. Hey Jack what's up? That is a Big Baby, Taylor. Excellent, excellent, guitar for $325.00.

I went off on a couple of tangents the last five years playing improvisational stuff, and electronica, and learning a little about computer audio, now I'm getting back into what I originally did, which was playing acoustic guitar, and singing.

Hey sylver!!! What's up? :wave:

Steve. If you still want to send me some tracks, that would be cool. I was thinking that if you are going straight to disk, can you pan the voice to one side, and the guitar to the other? The only way I can really do anything as far as mixing is to have the tracks seperated. Just let me know. :thu:

Archived