Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Answers in the Rain.... SOMA - song #3

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PS - Hey Ani, can I have a BGV credit, too...?
Oops, sorry about that... I had already worked the credits before the last bvox went in. Got IT!!!

Anyone else that I missed the credits on, or incorrectly credited? Let me know and I'll fix it!!!

Okay Dan,

I fixed it!!! Don't know where I picked up the Ontario.... :freak:

How about Brett and Wrave, did I get all the credits right on your guys' contributions to the project? If not, let me know and I'll correct it.

Has anyone else listened to the tune yet???

You got it right for me Ani.

I did download and listen and I think this is a great tune.

Good work (again!) team!!! :D

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

Yeah, well maybe we're being boycotted!!! I just hope that folks don't boycott us because they think we are being too damned cocky. I'm not grumbling about the excitement of a project that has had a lot of effort put into it; but I don't want folks to think that we are an arrogant bunch of buzzards/beotch that think our SCHIT doesn't stink.

I am SO proud of this tune, moreso than our others, that it's hard not to be excited to finally announce its' arrival. But I appreciate an audience and the respect of the listener.

I know that I can be haughty at times when taking a stance about business matters, and even asinine when clowning around; but my most humble approach is to an audience of listeners... It is for the entertainment, and sometimes the healing of others that drives me to write and pushes me in a forward motion; without an audience... there's no message to be received in the songs.

I hope others will tune in and capture the magic that makes the song so special to me.

I can assure you I'm not boycotting you, I'm VERY impressed. DAMN you guys are quick! I've got a lot of pub hours over the Christmas period and so get a lot less internet time. Seeing as I'm on dial-up, I need a while to download anything. I promise I'll download this ASAP.

We, Double Post, have a third song in progress, but or second isn't even complete yet! You stomp all over us, even though we are still great too!

You, SOMA, are the masters of the Collaboration Corner's Fantasy League. Bring on SOMA song #4!

You'll have a full album ready before the rest of us have enough for the compilation CD! Congratulations, I'm proud of you.

John Scott,

Double Post

Previous post cleared, irrelevant now.

Ani, I'm replying to your post before it appears, clever eh!

Close to the heart - good for you! I've tried to challenge my guys with a tune driven by my own emotions. Great results so far! I was wondering how emotions would transfer in this virtual platform, so far so good eh!

Tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon, I'll try the download, I promise.

I've tried to challenge my guys with a tune driven by my own emotions. Great results so far!
Flyscots,

I'm a seasoned enough writer that I can write to other peoples' emotions.... If you have something you want expressed, I'd be happy to take a shot at writing some of your lyrics for another song if the one you're working on is nearing completion.

Another thought also, if you have quite a bit on the platter with the other songs you've got going on; would you mind, and do you think that one of the other Team Managers might be interested in taking over the mixing and mastering of Seasick??? Not a big deal, but Sylver, Brakka, Cereal, B-3guy, or Wewus might be interested in finishing the tune up. I'm thinking Sylver might be interested since he has most of the files... I've got the vox, but have been waiting on an okay as to when to upload it, and to whom I need to give ftp access to.

Thanks Ani, I'll let you know about lyrics

I'd still like to mix Seasick. What's happening with it now? I do have other things to work on, but Seasick is one of them. I like the fact that I've got a lot to do, I just need to do it!

By the way, by 'a lot of pub hours' I meant working behind the bar, not drinking my days away slouched up against it, just incase anyone got that impression!

I tried to download the AITR mp3 but get taken to this page full of links and red crosses where images should be. I'll wait on the stream but you know my luck with dial-up, could be here for some time!

By the way, in the small print at the bottom of the page you linked to in your first post, you quite rightly mention Brakka, but what about Sylver? Jack was the person who really got this going, all his brainstorming turned Brakka's idea into a reality, he deserves a mention at least.

Yey! The stream finally came through.

As expected, I was impressed. I don't like it as much as the other two SOMA songs though, but that's just my personal preference. If I was your manager, I'd be very happy for this track to go on the album, but I wouldn't say it's a single.

Fine vocal performance - lead & backgrounds. Ani you sound so delicate!

I didn't like the bass sound much but I really liked the ambience and the strings. I loved the ending, especially the piano. It almost sounded like you were going to continue the song with a new section, which would have been cool, but it's great the way it is. Good dynamics.

Argh! I wanna listen again, I'll try the mp3 download link again after work.

Well done SOMA, good work once again!

Thanks John,

The vocals on AITR are quite different than the husky vocals on Seasick... just a difference in the song messages.... If I tried to sing Seasick in such a delicate vocal, folks might not feel enough energy to let the message get across. :D:D:D

By the way, I'm not sure how AITR5.mp3 is coming up to be downloaded, or how anyone even accessed that link.... the direct link is http://musicbizbuzz.net/soma/AITR8.mp3 but when I tried to open it, it has a small silence during the first measure of the song that doesn't belong there... it doesn't do that during the stream, so it may just be a glitch in my player.

I like I like I like I like!!!!!!

Really nice song!! Don't know whether any of you have heard of Irish (?) singer Mary Black? Same sort of vibe. Great stuff!!!

:thu::thu::thu::thu:

Archived