Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

brakka - is your server down?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Cereal:

I'm having trouble on your board for the past hour

Cereal,

I believe that Brakka said that he would not be available from 4:30 until 7:00 p.m. If his server is down, we may be stuck. Are you having problems accessing his site also. Now I can't even get the page to come up at all. I have other obligations later on, as I will need to leave here around 6:00 p.m. and not return until later this evening around 9 ish or so.

I will try to access his forum a few more times, but if it's not back up before I need to leave, we will have to resume this after I return. I was hoping to get as far along with this as possible prior to Flyscots needing to leave for the weekend.

Any suggestions as to what we can do to keep this thing flowing?

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Originally posted by Anifa:

Originally posted by Cereal:

I'm having trouble on your board for the past hour

Cereal,

I believe that Brakka said that he would not be available from 4:30 until 7:00 p.m. If his server is down, we may be stuck. Are you having problems accessing his site also. Now I can't even get the page to come up at all. I have other obligations later on, as I will need to leave here around 6:00 p.m. and not return until later this evening around 9 ish or so.

I will try to access his forum a few more times, but if it's not back up before I need to leave, we will have to resume this after I return. I was hoping to get as far along with this as possible prior to Flyscots needing to leave for the weekend.

Any suggestions as to what we can do to keep this thing flowing?

OK then PM flyscots with your pick. He knows who's picked already.

Originally posted by Sylver:

What's wrong with Sonar, John?

I was trying to bounce "Control" (my new one) and it got to 100% then crashed. I restarted, opened up Control again. It crashed. I restarted again, tried again, it got to 100% then crashed. Then I went for a shower, now I'm back, I'll try again.

If it's still giving you problems, make sure you bounce all the audio tracks to clips. Then try the synths and samplers. If everything is audio, you shouldn't have any problems.
I really don't know what to put here.

Actually it looks like it managed to squeeze it through the last time.

Everything was audio, maybe the fades & automation were upsetting it. Aswell as using RealPlayer way more than usual last night.

It plays all the way through. A few things I might need to change after listening elsewhere, but by phuk I like that tune!

DAMN! :mad:

I just got back.

Me being gone has nothing to do with the forum being down, though. I mentioned in on of the "Welcome" threads over there that there have been a few times that my forum was down. It's not the server, because the rest of my site is still there. The site just can't connect to the database, whatever the hell that means.

Lee's site is down sometimes too. And I've noticed it on other forums. musicplayer hasn't been down much lately at all, but this is a very pro site.

So I'm sort of apologizing, but there's nothing I can do about it. It might happen in the future, too. Usually it's for no longer than an hour, and this is the third time.

:mad::P:wave:

Brakka,

No problem!!! The web traffic at 4:00 to 6:00 on a Friday evening is probably pretty high volume with plans for the weekend being communicated.

The more traffic on a server at one time, the less connectivity there is. The web will run slower and if it reaches overload, the server will time out.

I imagine this is where the problem lays.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Originally posted by Brakka.:

I mentioned in on of the "Welcome" threads over there that there have been a few times that my forum was down. It's not the server, because the rest of my site is still there. The site just can't connect to the database, whatever the hell that means.

Well, it does mean your server is having a problem. The forum stores all the posts, member information, etc. in a database and it has to connect to the database in order to read/write the information on the forums. phpBB, the forum software you're using, uses a MySQL database, and apparently something about the way it's set up has caused connectivity problems between the web host and the database. I'd suggest notifying tech support at your web host. Both phpBB and MySQL are capable of handling LOTS of requests, so it's not a software problem.

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that.

Sometimes What The...? is down too. Is it for the same reason?

I just figure that for the low price I pay, I should expect some occasional problems. Of course I don't really undestand as much as you do, so there's a little naivete there. At this point I feel like I need to learn more before registering complaints, because there's a good chance I'll get an "Oh, well blah blah blah" and I'll be like :o .

Many of the Fantasy League managers will have private team forums at my place (that's one of the reasons I got it), so I'm sure you'll get over there at some point, Lee.

How about now?

http://www.brakka.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_chuck.gif <-------Click Chick

Archived