Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PLAYERS: Check Your PM's!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay- no more wimps posting that they feel left out. :D:D

If you didn't get a PM from me, it means that you have music online that I listened to.

BTW- I liked everything I heard, and I listened to ALL of it. :thu:

Originally posted by Brakka.:

If you didn't get a PM from me, it means that you have music online that I listened to.

How do you & Ani have the time?!? :confused:

You are gonna be so much more studied up on the players compared to the rest of us, except for Wewus, he knows what underwear everyone has and what the eat for lunch.

Thanks man. Credit for the golden transformation goes to Christopher Kemp. He photoshopped this blue guy:

http://www.digitaldreamdesigns.com/gallery2/th_technology.jpg

into what you see now. The blue man will soon return.

Originally posted by flyscots:

How do you & Ani have the time?!? :confused:

You are gonna be so much more studied up on the players compared to the rest of us, except for Wewus, he knows what underwear everyone has and what the eat for lunch.

Broadband Internet helps!

I can usually tell by the end of the first verse if I need to listen any further, though I have tried to listen to most entries objectively and completely.

Some, I have listened to their materials in the past and know their abilities so just a few seconds of their songs allows me to focus on expert skills; staying in rhythm, on chord, delivery of instrumentation, and etc. I don't need to hear whole songs of those I'm already familiar with.

I'll be honest with you; personality and dedication plays a BIG factor in my decision making. Congeniality and diligence are both crucial in making a team project work; those that I feel would cause friction, or those that have failed to respond in a timely manner to inquiries I have made will not be considered.

Actually, I'm forcing the time aside from my normal schedule of site maintenance on my web site to allow for this project. My site is definitely going neglected for the time being; but fortunately is established well enough to hold it's own for the while that we are doing this.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Originally posted by Anifa:

I can usually tell by the end of the first verse if I need to listen any further, though I have tried to listen to most entries objectively and completely.

That would never work with the majority of my stuff. For example check out "Ride" on Sylver's site (thats his mix by the way) It would be interesting to hear your comments on some of my other tunes, I'll let you know when they're online.

My site is definitely going neglected for the time being; but fortunately is established well enough to hold it's own for the while that we are doing this.
Thats where we differ. For me, this project is going half neglected for the sake of other ongoing and upcoming projects. I need to be getting on with other things.

Speaking of which....back to work!

Thanks for your explanations.

...If you didn't get a PM from me, it means that you have music online that I listened to...

Uh... no it doesn't. Unless someone has been raiding my computer, I don't have any of my music online. So why haven't I received a PM? :confused:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

not a PM thing but a...

LAST MINUTE CALL:

We are very low on managers. We have 41 players and 5 managers (maybe soon to be 7 managers)

There's a couple of you in here who's priority skills lean more towards production & engineering than playing. You would probably make for good managers.

Thanks,

John Scotsman

Originally posted by flyscots:

Originally posted by Super 8:

I STILL feel left out... :(

Yeah, but none of US played in Chick Chorea's band! :(;)

Uh... Did I say that? I must have misspelled it. I meant to say: Chick Koreans. We used to gig a lot in Downtown Taejon and the Yusoug Resort. We were an all girl band. Well not really... We had to dress up as girls since girls weren't allowed to play instruments or be in bands. All they were allowed to do was giggle and play the zither.

Anyway, we were quite popular in the area, and played a lot of classic songs I'm sure you'd recognize. Such as:

Hyub Ryu Teum Cheon Gwan (parts 1 and 2!)

Chunghyang-ga

Shimcheong-ga

Heungbu-ga

And of course what set list would be complete without;

Sugung-ga

A really great band like us could earn upwards near 3,819 Won in a year -the equivalent of 3 American dollars!!!

Yep! By night we'd play our music, and by way we practiced Kung-fu...

Those were good times!

But then I got deported after than incident with Kim Dae-Jung's daughter... How was I supposed to know she was 12!?!? They ALL look 12 over there!!! If only it hadn't been on Samiljeol day, maybe it wouldn't have attracted so much attention. THANK GOD FOR DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY! >

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Originally posted by Addix Metzatricity:

Basically he's telling us to go to http://www.brakka.com/forum and register. If you haven't already. That's where a lot of the league-related things will be happening.

Why?

Isn't this a MusicPlayer thing? Why do we need to have another forum?

I already watch way too many forums, and would really rather not have to track another one (no offense Brakka).

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Isn't this a MusicPlayer thing? Why do we need to have another forum?

I already watch way too many forums, and would really rather not have to track another one (no offense Brakka).

dB

Er... none taken. :)

I talked to nursers before offering private forums to any managers that wanted them. I surely don't want to take traffic away from the Collaboration Corner. Plus, I know that people who didn't sign up would love to look over our shoulders in this forum. There will be plenty of stuff happening right here.

There are a few good reason for private team-only forums:

1: They're private. There may be some things that would be easier to discuss in private.

2: Many teams will be sharing rough tracks online, and these url's may need to stay private. I've got a limited amount of bandwidth, and only my team members should have access to them. Also, snail mail will be used, and some people don't like their addresses posted in public. (This is not a very strong reason, since this info could be shared via mp PM's.)

3: There will be A LOT of discussion by teams. Remember- teams are (hopefully) completely collaborating on every aspect of this project. Lyrics, chords, arrangements- all of it. Plus some team members will be less-skilled at things like micing and file conversions, so there will be plenty of help threads. This place could turn into a confusing mess of 20-page threads and cross-posting.

We (us?) managers are just wrapping up the draft, and we have already discussed the fact that much of this project needs to and will take place here at musicplayer in this here Collaboration Corner. I'm sure that whatever team you end up on, the manager will be sure to keep you involved even if you don't want to go over to that.... other forum. :D

BTW- I do have a couple of mp3's up at my site, but It's not a commercial site or anything. I'm not trying to increase traffic at my site for any personal gain. No one will sell you anything, and if you do decide to spend time there, it will be quite painless.

Unless you like pain.

Dave,

I, for one, have expressed concerns in regard to keeping this game at home.... MusicPlayer.com. Once the draft picks have been made, general discussions should return to Collaboration Corner.

Brakka has a big heart, so don't beat up on him too bad.

I think that many team players would probably feel more comfortable if the private discussions were hosted inside of CC with password protected entry into Team threads.

If Nursers could do what Brakka has done on his site with the Secret Room, this would keep the privacy.

The only problem being the fact that MusicPlayer will not host the music files that will be exchanged as we work on these projects.

I, personally, have established password protected entry onto my web site where I will be hosting .wav files that will be available to only my team members through FTP transfer. This will enable team players to have access to the music as it is being created without loss of sound quality or delay in delivery.

I'm very much at HOME on the MusicPlayer forums, and I for one, will not allow this project to stray too far away. But, on the same note, I commend Brakka for putting all of the effort into this that he has in getting this thing going.

And Dave..... you need to clear some of your Private Messages out; you're past your 60 limit. I tried to PM you earlier and it got kicked back.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Hiya all,

Suppose I had better put in my two cents worth. I think all general conversation / vibe / updates on the collab shold happen here, but I can also see the need to facilities like Brakka has set up for specific teams etc during the creative process, and for hosting of files etc as Anifa pointed out.

Sound ok to everyone?

Archived