Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who goes first and who follows?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I nominate nursers to write our names on pieces of paper, put em in a hat, and draw for the draft order.

Are Sylver and Dak managing? What's the final manager list?

We said the 29th was the cutoff date to sign up, so are we doing the draft on the 30th? Over the weekend?

I'll set up a private forum at my place just for the draft. It will be accessable only to managers. Just sign up and do the authorization-key-by-email thing and I'll give you access to the secret room. Give me a holler in the "Open Mic" room to let me know you're there.

http://www.brakka.com/forum/

Originally posted by Brakka.:

I nominate nursers to write our names on pieces of paper, put em in a hat, and draw for the draft order.

Are Sylver and Dak managing? What's the final manager list?

We said the 29th was the cutoff date to sign up, so are we doing the draft on the 30th? Over the weekend?

I'll set up a private forum at my place just for the draft. It will be accessable only to managers. Just sign up and do the authorization-key-by-email thing and I'll give you access to the secret room. Give me a holler in the "Open Mic" room to let me know you're there.

no worries

Well as it stands now, with 6 managers and 38 players, that leaves the teams at 7 members(plus 2 teams with 8).

If Dak and I both switch over to managers, that makes the teams at five members(and 4 at 6).

The second option seems a lot more managable. Is it time for Dak and I to jump ship?

I really don't know what to put here.

Sylver,

If we were to utilize players for audio engineering skills and other types of production skills, I don't see 7 per team being too many. I've actually thought about pulling away from the writing and singing, and I've been looking at all the other skills offered along those lines within the players list of options. I've thought just to be a manager and utilizing the talents of my players. Just depends on who all I get as to whether I will contribute as a vocalist or writer.

I hope that you and Dak don't have to jump ship and cross over.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Originally posted by DanS:

Sorry if I've missed a thread somewhere along the line, but who's actually writing the tunes? Is it a friendship cake kind of idea?

YOU ARE!!! Now, why haven't you signed up yet?

Actually it's going to be kind of a pot luck dinner; everybody will be adding their own flavor to the final outcome. We won't really know where to start until we get our players.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

It sounds to me like Sylver and Dak would rather be players, so let's just decide that right now. You guys are players.

If you want to manage you're more than welcome. I think you both would make excellent managers, but we're A-OK with six.

And I'm going to go ahead and say that the draft is going to be on this Saturday, May 31, noon EDT. The player cutoff is this Thursday the 29th, that gives one full day off before the draft. Also, I'm assuming that the weekend is better for most people. If anyone has ideas for a better date/time, let us know.

We'll do it at my site in a normal forum thread like this one. It is a private room that only us managers will have access to. The thread title will be the managers' names in draft order, so it can always be right there and we'll all know when we pick. The draft will be serpentine, which means that Cereal will sing "Sweet Child o' Mine." No, it means that the first round is 1,2,3,4,5,6 and the second round is 6,5,4,3,2,1. After every full round someone will post the full alphabetical player list with the picked players in italics.

nursers- you can pick names out of a hat for draft order at your convenience. The names are

Anifa

TheWewus

Cereal

flyscots/K

dirty dog

Brakka

Brakka,

I work weekends so I will not be able to input my picks until after 4:00 Central Time. If need be, I will let Nursers and Sylver know my first few picks, and the alternate choices if they are willing to act on my behalf. This would be to keep the process going during my absence.

Here we go, I found this to be interesting:

A nifa

B rakka

C ereal

d irty dog

f lyscots/ K

TheWewus needs to change his name to begin with E and then we would have the first 6 letters of the alphabet. If K would change to a G, then we would have a full musical scale. :D

Originally posted by Anifa:

Brakka,

I work weekends so I will not be able to input my picks until after 4:00 Central Time. If need be, I will let Nursers and Sylver know my first few picks, and the alternate choices if they are willing to act on my behalf. This would be to keep the process going during my absence.

Here we go, I found this to be interesting:

A nifa

B rakka

C ereal

d irty dog

f lyscots/ K

TheWewus needs to change his name to begin with E and then we would have the first 6 letters of the alphabet. If K would change to a G, then we would have a full musical scale. :D

LOL, cool Ani'fa!
I really don't know what to put here.

Originally posted by Anifa:

...I work weekends so I will not be able to input my picks until after 4:00 Central Time. If need be, I will let Nursers and Sylver know my first few picks, and the alternate choices if they are willing to act on my behalf.

Nah- we can't do that. Who knows what will happen in the draft. We all need to be there, but I'm sure we can find a good time. Friday works for me, too. Or after 3pm Eastern on Saturday.

Given the speed of posting on a BB, I'm guessing it will take a little over an hour. Two tops. My online baseball draft took over three hours- and it was a Java chat type thing. 22 rounds. :)

I'm sorry but this is going to be awkward.

I dont know when will be a good time for me for the draft. Big K is away on business so he cant stand in either. I am due to be recording a band but the plans are still up in the air (I was supposed to be doing it last weekend!)

So I dont even know which town I will be in never mind if I am going to be able to get online or not.

Do we really have to set an exact time? Can we not just take a pick when we can and then wait until our turn next round. I know this is inconveniant and will take a while but how else can we get it to work?

My apologies,

John Scotsman

Yeah- that seems cool. Of course everyone has different schedules.

When nursers gives us the order, we can just get started and managers can take their pick when they have time. I think every manager should take their own pic, but we can be patient. If it takes until monday to finish, that's okay for me.

We can start on Friday night or Saturday.

Wewus was out of town for the weekend, but I'm still waiting for dirty dog to check in over at my forum. Cereal, Anifa, and flyscots are already set up over there.

Originally posted by Cereal:

Originally posted by Super 8:

Originally posted by Brakka.:

No, Who goes first

I don't know!
I do!! :thu:

:D:D:D:D:D:D :

Luck of the draw!!! Go easy on us now, we're crossing our fingers. ;)

I have a little bit of news on the schedule front.

I will be at Sylver's place with good internet access until Friday when I am going to Philadelphia for CMDN's CD release gig/party thing. Then on Saturday & Sunday I will be in Lancaster to record this band of young 'uns. This may have to be extended beyond Sunday.

So there's my schedule, how about everyone else?

Archived