Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Collaboration!

I'm happy to see this place get a second lease on life, thanks to all involved!

I think we should perhaps lay out some possible scenarios for collaboration and what the procedures are to give people a better idea of how this can work.

I have some ideas myself, but only a few spare moments right now. If anyone wants to get the discussion started that would be great.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting Sal, and I agree some ideas on collaboration frameworks would be sooperb.

I need to be up front from Day 1 as to my availability - with a newish baby and work I won't be able to jump in too deep with actual collaboration, but assisting on this forum etc will always remain a priority.

One collaboration idea I'd love to try is a Reason-based one, where someone adds a track in Reason, sends it on to someone else to add etc until you have the complete song. Anyone interested in that?

nursers

P.S. Major thanks to all the forum moderators, Dendy, Joe for their support in getting this back up. Any doubters out there that Music Player aren't here to support musicians ought to stop doubting, trust me!

All right, Nursers!!! This is great.

Hey, I'm not slick in Reason, but I'd love to collaborate on a project anyway. Can you trade files from Mac to PC in Reason?

Nursers, since you're busy with baby and things, Sal and I will be happy to help you out around here however we can. We both have web sites with extra storage space and bandwidth for collaborative files. GT3 has also volunteered to help out.

Hey, there's a little dust over in the corner there. I think I'll sweep the floors. :D

I think one thing that Loudist suggested, that is a good idea, is more of a "remix contest". For example, we would just post a vocal, and every one would have a shot of making whacky remixs, ala Loudist's Fonk and Rockablity remixes of my stuff. I certainly could post up a vocal, but I am open to whatever the rest of you all think. :cool:

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

Originally posted by nursers:

One collaboration idea I'd love to try is a Reason-based one, where someone adds a track in Reason, sends it on to someone else to add etc until you have the complete song. Anyone interested in that?

YES! I would LOVE that! I've collaborated once with Reason and the outcome was fantastic.

My availability is alot like yours, I work full time and go to school, so I get bits and pieces of time here and there.

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

Originally posted by G(Jazzbo)T3:

I think one thing that Loudist suggested, that is a good idea, is more of a "remix contest". For example, we would just post a vocal, and every one would have a shot of making whacky remixs, ala Loudist's Fonk and Rockablity remixes of my stuff. I certainly could post up a vocal, but I am open to whatever the rest of you all think. :cool:

I like that idea too... That seems like fun.

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

• 2 weeks later...

Archived