Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Request

I have a track that I recorded in sonar 1. It is simple and kinda bluesy, guitars, bass, and midi drums converted to wav. It is only 30 seconds or so long. It was mostly an excercise in tinkering with sonar itself and the mixing process in general. I would like to share this file and have anyone who so wishes to do their own mixdown and share it with me, and let me know how my version sounds. I AM looking for criticism here. I spent much more time mixing it down than I did recording it. This is my first real mixdown.

Also, feel free to screw around with it and make it your own.

I don't have a lot of expensive equipment, so I did the best with what I have.

Now the only thing is, how do I get it out to everyone?

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man,

I'd love to give it a try. I'm a sound engineering student and have been in the industry for a year now. I've never used sonar but I think I can open the audio files in Pro-tools if they are .wav format. So I guess what you need to do is to save the audio files in .wav format and send them to me. If here is some place in the web in which you can upload the files, I can download them from there. If not, give me an email so I'll give you my personal info and you mail them to me. Thanks anyway.

If you want to send it to me, I will take a listen to it and if I have time, do a mix of it for you.

The address found here...

http://www.havenmp.com/contact.html

BTW, Force....You may not be able to do this with Sonar 1 but you can save any "wav" file as an OMF file in Sonar 2XL so that those who use Mac programs (i.e., Protools, Digital Performer, etc.) can import and use the files. If you need any help in how to do this, just send me an email and I will send the instructions to you.

:cool:

Haven Music Productions

Tampa, FL

www DOT havenmp DOT com

he he,

I told you to give me an email but forgot to give my address... That's what's gonna happen if you post at 3 am (still working). Just give me an email if ou are interested.

Memo

karacame@sbcglobal.net

Archived