Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

COLLABORATION !!! --------->

Anybody want to collaborate online?

Since Rocket doesn't support SONAR yet, I decided to get my own thing going on Nursers's forum. We can just trade wave files, and keep in contact through email, or this forum.

I have posted some "unfinished" bits on my website, mostly repetitive rhythm tracks. If you "PM" me, and furnish your email addy, I will email you back with the URL where you can find my posted tracks. I have posted each file also in the MP3 format, so you can easier access each tune to evaluate it before you download the BIG wave file.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.... hmm.... I'm still working up to scraping some material together, enough for people to be remotely interested in collaborating with me. ;)

As I'm working early UGH hours for a while, it'll be later in the fall when I get a life and some small consciousness again, but I'll be sure and keep dB in mind.

This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

• 2 weeks later...

dBunny

I would be very interested in collaborating with you, its a great idea.

I am actually not a musician, I am an engineer and have experience with producing, arranging, remixing etc. I havent had a chance to listen to much of your stuff but from what I've heard it sounds like the kinda thing I love to work with on the remixing front.

Unfortunately my sitaution is changing with me having to go back to Scotland :cry: but if you would still be interested in the not too distant future (about a month) I would love to try something out.

John Scotsman

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by nursers:

Any update guys?

Yep. I sent a CD to Flyscots yesterday. It's a Cakewalk bundle with submixes of one of my songs. He's gonna tweak it, and we'll see what he comes up with! I'm preparing a CD of a second song for him, too. I love having other people remix my stuff, and I love remixing other people's stuff. Remixing can be a cool way of collaborating. :thu:

Right on, Brother Salvatore! http://www.420recordsgroup.com/images/regblinksmiley.gif

I'm down for a non-ICS collaboration. :thu:

I've been thinking of redoing the vocal parts in Flux Matter Drift, but I want to buy a new mic first. Got any additional guitar ideas for that one? I think if we finished it, it could be pretty good.

Originally posted by dBunny:

Right on, Brother Salvatore! http://www.420recordsgroup.com/images/regblinksmiley.gif

I'm down for a non-ICS collaboration. :thu:

Yeah, I would definitely be up for that. It would be nice to actually have the time to get something done right :D

I've been thinking of redoing the vocal parts in Flux Matter Drift, but I want to buy a new mic first. Got any additional guitar ideas for that one? I think if we finished it, it could be pretty good.

Definitely! You know, I've got a pretty nice mike if you want to hook up in person to do 'em.

Hey, yeah, you've got that Rode Classic II, or whatever it is, huh? We'll have to try that. How much did that mic cost? I'm thinking about getting a Studio Projects C1 or a decent AT condenser. My budget is about $200-300. Oh, yeah, and Steven has the 414 now, too.

We should do the email thing. :thu:

Damn, that's one of them 'spensive mics! :eek:

Ya wanna have the session over at my place, since I'm a Cakewalk addict? I'm serious, it's like a crutch now. I'm actually afraid to go record on a different system. I think I have a problem. http://www.420recordsgroup.com/images/3Dconfusedsmiley.gif

I posted this previously in the

'wrong' thread, so I moved it here too:

Hey fellers,

I'd like to try to collab with y'all...

I'm not Rocket-able, though,

I use an MX-2424/DA7 set-up...

Perhaps after some details are worked out re:

transferring files on the SSS Mix Project,

we could apply those methods for these

potential collaborations...

The idea of working 'virtually'

with you guys is very intriguing...

It'd be great to eventually compile

an entire CD's worth of stuff made by

people living all over the world who

have never met each other...!

Thanks for all your spearheading & trailblazing,

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

Cool, Bob! I think we can get some stuff going here, as soon as the SSS event is underway. I'd like to get Nursers involved in our collaboration here, too! OK, Nursers?! We should get this going in December. And continue it into next year. Yeah!

Originally posted by dBunny:

Originally posted by Groovepusher Sly:

Just use SoundManager, it's OK for checkin' stuff out.

What do you mean by "checking stuff out"?

We're trying to record.

My comment was in reference to Sals statement below.

Originally posted by Sal Monella:

Sure, I can come up to sunny Richmond sometime.

Though maybe for the sake of therapy you should come check out DP :D Then again I can always bring the laptop and show you how cool it is, but I don't have an audio interface for that beast yet...

dBunny you were talking about recording at your place using Cakewalk. If Sal was just bringing his PowerBook up so you could check out DP, SoundManager would work just fine with an 1/8 stereo to 1/4 stereo adapter. Theyre not pro D/As but theyre OK for listening and checkin things out.

Then while he was there, you could transfer the audio files from yalls session to his machine (on disk or ethernet), he could open them in DP and make sure everything was cool before he went home.

Sly :cool:

Whasineva ehaiz, ehissgot ta be Funky!

Originally posted by pksdabombdj:

Downloaded "Ball", am working on some rhythm guitar bits now, trying to choose the proper EFX pedals(if any)to compliment the track. :D:D:D

Hey, PKs Da Bomb DJ, get out of the corner, and come back to the center of the classroom! :D

Glad ya liked my song "Ball." Tell ya what, if you want to mess around with that song, I could make a "minus guitar" version of it for you to jam over. If your still interested.

Hey, I checked out your picture in your profile. That's a cool picture, man! Which mountain are you sitting on top of in that pic?

Archived