Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Abe Laboriel jr

george costanza

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought he played the show perfectly. I wouldn't change a thing. I went to concert,watched it on TV and own the DVD. I use samples from his drum library all the time and was lucky enough to play on a Cd project that he played drums on. I only wish I could have been there to cut live with him. I was called in later to overdub some keyboard tracks. I know I would rather have Abe in my band than mbl. Wouldn't you?

Are you kidding?

Abe was incredible! The consumate musician that charismatically showed that the music is *in* him!

I love to see someone that allows the music to become a spiritual part of them. This was clearly evident with Abe.

You go Abe!

DJ

When I was in music school (Grove School), Abe Jr. was taking classes there in the afternoons -- he was only 16 or 17. Even though I'm a keyboard player, I attended a drum clinic at school that featured Jeff Porcaro (my personal fav). Jeff was not very animated in his presentation -- it was all pretty mellow -- almost as if he wished he was somewhere else. About 30 minutes into the clinic, Abe Jr. walks in the back of the room. You should have seen Jeff's face light up!!! Jeff spent the next 20 minutes having Abe Jr. show everyone all of these grooves that he had learned from Carlos Vega. I don't know what blew me away more: the fact that Abe at 17 was learning from guys like Jeff Porcaro and Carlos Vega, or the fact that Abe was simply an incredible player at such a young age!

I doubt he'd remember me, but even back then he was the best player I'd played with!!!

Archived