Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

UPDATE:( Eden is slow...The forum has its sphere of influence!

JonathanD

Check the bottom for the new developments please.

On Friday my father and I went to the music store I use to work at. It was fun jamming between the guitar section and the bass section although every bass had the strings almost against the frets(BOOO).

So anyway, I was playing though a bass like mine for the most part(to prevent falling in love) and an ampeg svt-3(close to my amp for the same reason). Then I saw a wee little Eden xst210 cab and thought I would try it. I have seen the forum talk about using 2 210 cabs but always stayed away from that because they lacked that nasty low end I love so much. !!! This cab had it. So I talked to my friend and he said the cab was already promised to another guy and that he would order me another. The cool part is that I can trade in my BSE410HLF for it and only had to pay $180.00 with tax. This was SWEEEEEET. The eden d210xst sells for $729new and the ampeg bse410hlf sells for $599 mew. Thats a damn good trade in swap IMO. (BTW I havent taken the 410 can to him so if anyone wants an ampeg BSE410HLF he gave me $400 on it for trade in and I would sell it to someone for the same price if they really want it.)

Oh ya, the reason I'm posting is my back had something to say "Thank you fine ladies and gentlemen for setting my central command unit straight, I was going to break sooner or later carrying all that crap up and down the apartment stairs."

So, I really want to say.......Thanks for the influence.

Also, how the heck does a 210 cab have lower freq response than a 212, 118 or 115? It is like this for the eden and ampeg cabs. (i.e. the ampeg svt410hlf has the lowest response for ampeg) and the d210xst has a lower response than any other eden xst cab!!! I just dont get it I guess.

Thanks...Jonathan

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one and it may be the best cab I've ever owned.

It's the only 2x10 I've ever played through that I like solo -- I can only imagine what two of them sound like together.

Planning to buy another 2x10 next year, although I'm thinking of going with the XLT instead of another XSt, just to spice things up a little.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

I just got a 210XST (4 ohm to get the most from my head) to go with my Eden WT-550 head. It sounds fantastic. The cab is big for a 210, and a little heavy (compared to my old 1X12) but the trade off is worth it for sound. I finally have the full sound I wanted.

I've only used mine on a few jazz gigs so I haven't had the chance to really crank it up yet, but that is coming soon. The bottom is realy smooth and full. There isn't as much mid punch as from my old cab, but it's easy to dial it in with the 550's EQ if necessary.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by C. Alexander Claber:

There's a lot more to a speaker than its nominal diameter!

Alex

P.S. You think that 2x10" goes low? You should hear this 2x10"!

Alex... Didn you mean to put a link in here?

Jonathan

I ordered the cab before thanksgiving. Its still not in:( The store says that eden has to build the cabs.

My concern is that I have heard a lot of people saying eden is developing reliability issues. Any word on this?

Any other stories of having to wait forever for something you already paid for?

Thanks, Jonathan

Originally posted by JonathanD:

Originally posted by C. Alexander Claber:

There's a lot more to a speaker than its nominal diameter!

Alex

P.S. You think that 2x10" goes low? You should hear this 2x10"!

Alex... Didn you mean to put a link in here?

Jonathan

i'll do it for him. check me out. i\'m bad!

i would say the quality issue is more isolated to a specific amp, the WT800C, than it is endemic of all their products.

robb.

I am reading about the WT800C and WT1205 having issues. They also have CS issues. I had to send my 550 in and was told it could be 5 weeks! Some have been waiting for a year or more. Not good.

I do have a 210XST and it sounds great. No issues there - or with any cabs. Not as much to go wrong. I did have to wait about 4 weeks to get mine. However, my confidence is shaken a bit as my amp is less than a year old and now I don't know if I can trust it any more.

The combination of 550/210XST (4 ohm) is pretty nice. I hope that Eden gets things figured out.

CS issues, indeed. . . :mad:

I bought a used VT-25, one of their older models, the one with the Demeter front-end, a few years ago. I called about factory service for it (this was after the buy-out), after it started shutting down mid-gig for no apparent reason. Twice was enough, and at that point, it was side-lined. . .

Like I said, I called. I got put on hold. And stayed on hold. And hung up. And called back. And got put on hold again. And finally got to talk to a real person, who gave me an answer that was basically a non-answer, as if they didn't want to work on the thing, being it's an "old" model. . . :confused:

I then sent it to a local tech, who couldn't figure it out, and couldn't get anywhere with them either, even though he did tech work for an Eden dealership, but they wouldn't get him a service schematic. . .

When it comes to any company regarding service issues, shooting yourself in the foot is one thing -- if it's a mistake. But shooting yourself in the foot after taking square aim at it is another. . .Sorry, but they really pissed me off. . . :mad:

"When it comes to havin' a good time, nothing beats 'fun'. . ."

-- Stefan Johnson

I had a 210XST for 2 years, and loved the tone. I had a 4ohm, and used it as a stand alone cab. That's what it was designed for, although it sounds HUGE in pairs! I got rid of it because I'm a skinny dude, and to me it was just too heavy!

Now I'm using a Epi-110-UL (22 pounds), and an Aguilar GS112 (40 pounds). I run these together for outside shows, and large clubs. Mostly I just use the 110, and let the sound-man take care of the rest. God bless the scrawny bassist!

live in the now

Archived