Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Whats Your Favourite Colour

h364

Hi, yesterday i orderd my new MIM standard fender jazz, now on the interenet its beeen going for £340 but in local stores its £489, fender have recently put the prices up, but the lovely people at my local music store agreed to price match it, and i ended up getting it for £359, Which im happy with, anyway i have no clue what colour to get, i hate the sunburst and i already have a black precision, so my thoughts were maybe chrome red, midnight wine, or arctic white, i did actaully oreder midnight wine, but i can ring him up and change it, so i was just wondering on all your thoughts, im very much liking the red, but i would like to hear what you think too! Thanks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry can't really help you in that one. I am a natural oil guy.

I don't think that I will have in any other colour than that.

My Ibanez is natural oil and my new spector, and they think tehy look bl@@dy sexy.

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Sometimes our first choice is the one we really want, but if your gut says "get the red one" then maybe you should.

My favorites are Vintage White (the yellowed white) and natural or lightly stained wood colors, but Midnight Wine is nice and so is the Red.

Decisions, decisions.

Enjoy your new fish!

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

Sounds like the right colour has already been chosen - midnight wine is really nice, I think that's what colour my Precision was. Alternatively, you could go for black or white and get a nice tortoiseshell scratchplate?
Now theres three of you in a band, youre like a proper band. Youre like the policemen.

Blue ... no red! Ahhhhhhhhh!

Originally posted by EddiePlaysBass:

Anyone else spontaneously think of Monty Python & The Holy Grail when reading this thread title? :D

Bleh. Eddie beat me to it.

My last two basses have been natural wood. My first bass was non-louder black. I borrowed a white Jazz for a while.

The conservative colors tend to go with any occasion, like a black suit. At least, that's one way of looking at it. I mean, who would bring their electric blue bass to a conservative corporate gig? :D (j/k Jeremy)

OTOH, a more eye-catching color could become a classic, like Hemi Orange, Go Green, Panther Pink or Plum Crazy.

I've been flirting with the idea of going red myself.

But as others have said, get the color that speaks to you. (Or let the Missus pick; women have a way with color. "Honey, which tie should I wear with this suit?" ;) )

I like the vintage white, or quilted tops if they are done right.

I dont like flashy colors, they make me think to hard.

Full proof way:

Look at the bass in each color option. Then imagin yourself naked. Which makes you look most like what you want.

Whats your favourite colour BABY??.... Living COLOUR!!

Is it red?

That's what i said

Is it gold?

You got me sold

Is it green?

That's mighty mean

Is it black?

Get back

What's your favorite colour?

Living colour

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

It really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I like sunburst but you hate it. Neither of us is wrong.

The midnight wine is a beautiful color. Maybe jazz it up (no pun intended) with a white pearl pickguard...

Push the button Frank.

"Take me to the room where the red's all red

Take me out of my head -'s what I said

Yeah, ow

Hey, take me to the room where the green's all green

And from what I've seen it's hot, it's mean

Take me to the room where the black's all white

And the white's all black, take me back to the shack Jack..." :D

I love the midnight wine color, good choice! Definitely get a new pickguard. Red Tortise shell looks surpisingly good against that color. So does vintage white pearloid and black pearloid.

Congrats on the new axe!

Where It Proud, Play It Loud!

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Jeremy uses that pickguard co's goes well with his shoes. lol :)

Again I am a natural boy. the feel of the wood is fabulous.

I love my spector more every day

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Originally posted by Phil W:

Alex,

I'm jealous - where was that bass/rig?

In Farnham, Surrey. It's owned by OBBM, one of the guys on bassworld.co.uk, who makes nice cables at good prices - www.bassic.co.uk - I popped in to get him to diagnose the apparent problems with some Speakon cables I'd made.

Funnily enough, once I got back home the cables still didn't work - but further investigation has revealed that the early Series II Acmes had 1+ and 2+ wired together and 1- and 2- likewise on the Speakon socket, which these proper Neutrik plugs don't seem to like.

He also has a rock rig consisting of ABM500, UL112 and NYC112. Nice. (Though I should point out that he now wears a hearing aid - be warned ye volume obsessed and earplug shy individuals!)

Alex

Originally posted by C. Alexander Claber:

I played a Lakland Joe Osborne 5 today, which looked stunning in Candy Apple Red (mmmetallicly lovely) with a mintified off-white pickguard.

top. notch.

i have never been a fan of midnight wine. if you can't get a metallic red, go with a lake placid blue. that is a good second choice.

robb.

Sorry; I like sunburst.

Nothing wrong with the wine, either. Of the choices you gave, I would have gone with that or the metallic red.

I'm not a fan of black guitars. I have several, and wish they weren't black. No more black ones for me.

Sparkle finishes are neat.

One of my favorite colors is Purple; but I haven't seen any purple basses that I really like. No offense to the Magic Johnson, of course.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

I'd go with the Arctic White. I've always wanted a whiter shade of pale.

Wait for it....

My first bass was blue metalflake...ugly SOB. My first real bass was the Fender Musicmaster in that vintage off-white color. I had black tapewound strings on it when it was stolen...ever see it?

I am getting tired of all the quilted finishes out there...and my main bass now is a natural maple with beeswax finish.

I'm kinda attracted to this finish: 35000 year old swampwood.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Archived