Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HEATWAVE

mondoray

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quit your whining! It could be just the opposite, -34! :P;)

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

LOL!

Yeah, I guess I'm just a summer baby. We've have 34c/94f the past week.

I've been enjoying every minute of it.

Of course, I do have air conditioning... :D

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

• 5 months later...
What Happend? One minute its 30 degrees, next its -2 and the whole country is going to be fog bound for a week. Looks like the entire population of Crawley will be eating their Christmass dinners at Heathrow airport.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

It's not been foggy like this in London in living memory. Strange thing is that when I'm talking to floks in the US, they always go on about the London fog. They even have a clothing company of that name.

Now they'll be even more convinced that London is habitually foggy. The famous 'fog' of London was smog which was cleared by laws against burning coal or wood in the city in the 1960s as far as I remember.

A Foggy Day in London Town . . . damn cold too!

Here in Melbourne, we've had temps of 37/38 degrees celcius over the last week or two, with bushfires and howling hot winds.

Today...for Christmas day, only a top of 16 with rain, cold wind, hail and even some snow reported on the outskirts of Melbourne!

At least it should help put out the bushfires and keep give our firefighters a break.

Weird weather!

No doubt! It's mid-summer, & I spent most of the day in a sweater & fleece slippers...and still shivered a lot! I'm on the outskirts (actually, I'm sort of outside the outskirts of the outskirts) & was dodging hail a few times today.

Oh well, wait a few days & it'll be 40 again, I guess. :freak:

Someday, local builders will discover this crazy new thing called "insulation," and then it'll be fine. :D

(PS OK, OK, believe me--I'm not complaining! I've lived in enough scorching climates to appreciate the fact that summer here doesn't mean 3-4 months of non-stop 40+ heat!)

• 6 months later...

Boy have we had some rain.

350,000 now running out of drinking water due to the floods. 8 Flood warnings in place.

This is getting bad.

My mum's bungalow was flooded last month, they found out that it was because a farmer had filled a drainage ditch. MAD!

Worst flooding in 60 years. 500,000 may loose power in Glostershire if water gets to the power station.

RAF Sea King helicoptors are being used to rescue people from their houses.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

I learned one interesting thing while working with Britons...they love to talk about the weather! I could wind up getting into long conversations with them just because they walked into the office with a mac and an umbrella even if it wasn't raining out.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Archived