Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

basses

chubby

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That guy was drunk and used a brass slide for the joke. And with that kind of joke you want to use a glass slide in case you need to break it. Anyway, this hot girl walks by and.. well... the slide doesnt want to slide... There goes #4, he cant even look at one without crying and running to the bathroom now.

Ya, I use a slide for some stuff, when I had an electric stand up I used it more often, its a pain in the ---- to use otherwise. I get to much string noise as it slides up the round wounds I use. But i liked it on the flats of the stand up.

Originally posted by McDuff:

Originally posted by kenfxj:

It used to be 4.

Until... the incident.

Yes, and let's never speak of it again.
I think somewhat must be said, in order to quell further discussion among the vulgarly curious. That being the case, it was a bizarre gardening accident, and even then police at the scene said it was probably better not to know what it was all about. let's leave it that way...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

The late, great Mark Sandman played slide exclusively on a 2-string bass that he cobbled together from an old, funky broken bass he found in a pawn shop:

http://www.blackmailmag.com/images/MUSICA/morphine1.jpg

Do a search on Amazon for "Morphine" and buy some of their records to hear what it sounded like. Awesome sound...

I used to play with metal and glass slides on fretted bass many, many years ago. Mostly musking about - only used it on a few gigs. Bill Laswell has done this, particularly with the wonderful improv-noise outfit, Last Exit.

But Chubby, do you mean this kind of slide or the slides, slurs and glisses that we all use.

. . . and fix the thread title, mate!

Once in a while I'll grab a beer bottle and play slide with it on bass, after first making sure it's not full, of course.

(Wasted beer is a sin in my land.) :D

Originally posted by chubby:

OH I have one made of cooper

You have a slide made out of Gary Cooper???

http://www.meredy.com/gary2.jpg

Wow... I can't imagine that his dead and cured flesh would give you much sustain... ;)

Archived