Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: John Cleese Letter

Mighty Thumb

Originally posted by bottle12am:

quote:
Originally posted by Luke73:

quote:
Originally posted by bottle12am:

My dear forumites--

Before we even start to slap each other with donkeys and elephants, did anyone even bother to snopes this one out?

Look here

The article is a totally fabricated one. Mr. Cleese had about as much to do with that spammage as Barney the Dinosaur did.

Ummmm....did you bother to read the thread?

That was pointed out many posts ago (see post number 4).

:wave::D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, this thread would have been even funnier if John Cleese had actually written that letter. That would mean that all those people offended by this letter had really allowed themselves to get their feelings hurt by a man who has made a forty-year career in the limelight out of being deadly serious about the utterly ridiculous. It would mean that he'd done his job extremely well, yet again.

When you can't take a joke, you become the joke. In the words of Sgt. Hulka, "Lighten up, Francis."

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Originally posted by Phil W:

:D

Yes, Jode!

. . . but whta if thety were only pretending to be offended in a subtle show of irony!

Then they would be tiny-brained wipers of other people's bottoms, and I would wave my private parts at their aunties.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Originally posted by Matt W:

And a hemidemisemiquaver is a 64th.

LOL...How often do Bass players see hemidemisemiquavers anyway??!!

Oooh and i've just realised how nice that word is to type...try it!

hemidemisemihemidemisemihemidemisemi!

It's not a sin to fall but it is a sin to lie there.

Originally posted by Matt W:

Also, according to Snopes, it originated in November 2000, during the time between the election and the official decision.

It is not aimed at a party or administration, it is aimed at the USA in general.

That's when I first saw it over here - and it's had a few words changed (eg catsup for ketchup).

First time I've heard John Cleese's name associated with it.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

As musicians we should use more hemidemisemiquavers because the more ridiculously complex the piece of music is, the more enjoyable it is for the casual listener. :)
Now theres three of you in a band, youre like a proper band. Youre like the policemen.

Se how much fun it is to type that many letters? It's even more fun to play a lot of ridiculously subdivided notes.

Les Paul

Originally posted by carpedebass:

Originally posted by Rowbee:

As musicians we should use more hemidemisemiquavers because the more ridiculously complex the piece of music is, the more enjoyable it is for the casual listener. :)

Huh? :eek:
As proven by the insane popularity of bebop.
- Matt W.

Archived