Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

January Edition

Bassplayerjoe

Is this were I can start rolling my eyes into the back of my head and stop breathing over the Rex Hull ad?

OK, U2 is hot, Adam Clayton is the bassist, we have to give him his daps. We can sit here on the forum and argue technical merit and talent, but at the end of the day, Adam is an influential force in a band that is putting out influential music. If all we ever had in BPM was Victor, Jaco, Stanley and Marcus, no one would read the damned thing and we'd all be forced to read Bass Guitar and whatever thrash metal one-hit wonder graced its cover.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't mind the Adam Clayton article. No one involved tried to make him into something he's not, but communicated where he's at, etc. I'm not a big U2 fan, but that was worth reading.

David - nice bass, nice review. I've tried a few headless basses (of significantly less quality), and using the tuners is awkward. It was not mentioned in the review - don't you have to learn how to turn less so you don't grind your fingers into the tuner next to the string you are tuning?

I do like the look of the bass - nice work!!

Mike - I'm still working on my "voice" (it's only been 37 years - stop rushing me!). That concept of "sounding like you" can seem thin in many circumstances, where the bass parts more or less have to fit a style or play a purpose. I'm always looking for ways to be "me", and your Soapbox was encouraging. Thanks!

Of course I liked the editorial - thanks to Bill for the kind words and support of our project. And thanks to all of you that have befriended us - as Adrian said, bassists are a pretty cool bunch!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Still waiting on my issue.

I read some online. The David King bass does look great, many innovations there. David, you should be pleased.

Adam Clayton is, indeed, the bass player in U2.

Those guys behind the Adrian project are an OK bunch.

Except for Maury. :D

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

First off, another thans for the kind words in regards to my Soapbox article.

Adrian, I hope that the article brought some good positive atention to your situation. Your attitude in facing this is inspiring. My thouhts are with you, always.

As for the Adam Clayton article. We all know that Adam is not a "bassplayer's bassplayer." The band that he is a part of is a cultural icon and his contribution to the band is important. I thought the questions posed to him broguht out the best in him. It was a well concieved and executed article.

Wraub,

My bestest boyhood friend grew up to design all the firmwear for the Segway. In fact, my friend assures me that I was introduced to Segway designer, Dean Kamen, at his wedding.

Mike

Originally posted by wraub:

Peace,

wraub

Me too. I emailed the subscription department and they gave me an ETA of three weeks. Oh well, I should have the next issue at the same time. Binge and purge baby!

http://www.myspace.com/omegamyk

http://www.bassguitarrocks.com

Ibanez BTB 505 equiped w/F-Bass preamp(<-for sale)

Trace Elliot AH400SMX & 4x10

Sans Amp Bass Driver DI

Digitech BP8

as Adrian said, bassists are a pretty cool bunch!

i believe what Adrian wrote exactly was " COOLEST people in the world."

:wave: whassup, Tom?

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Archived