Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Clatter DVD sneak peek

clatteramy

Originally posted by clatteramy:

Aw, shucks, wubby. :love:

(looks around nervously for yubby) :eek:

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, that rocks. Great tunes, and that Ric just kills. (I imagine it has something to do with the player, though.) :D

I admire you guys so much for having this great idea to do rock in such a new way, and then doing it! This is one career I'll want to follow!

CLATTER ROCKS!!! :thu:

Hey, no problem, we can have just as much fun playing to one friend as 1,000!

I saw a band last night, just really enjoying them selves and there was 5 people watching, they were really good though. So i shouted hurrah alot.
"i must've wrote 30 songs the first weekend i met my true love ... then she died and i got stuck with this b****" - Father of the Pride

That was sweet.. I loved the tone of your bass. Groups with 10 musicians can't achive that sound.

The camera at the end of the bass... briliant! I'd like a dvd of just that! Ok maybe DVD #2 in the same package. Whenever I see people performing I'm always hoping they spend a lot more time just focused on the instrument so I can see what they're playing.

You got youself another new fan, I wish you all the sucess you disire.

Oh, since he doesn't get much credit on this forum KUDOS to your drummer, it's well deserved.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Originally posted by butcherNburn:

Oh, since he doesn't get much credit on this forum KUDOS to your drummer, it's well deserved.

Doesn't he kick ass? That's Amy's husband...a nicer, more humble guy you won't meet. :thu:
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Sadly, it's just old fashioned nail polish in a chrome color. I thought it would be cool to accentuate my fingers for better visibility.

nice! I kinda thought so.. Steve Lawson wears chrome nail polish as well.. I wonder if that's the secret ingredient for a killer bass player? ;)

"You look hopefully for an idea and then you're humble when you find it and you wish your skills were better. To have even a half-baked touch of creativity is an honor."

-- Ernie Stires, composer

Wow, that looks fantastic, Amy! The BBV CD has been living in my car this week.

But I do have to ask: I'm watching you guys really closely in that clip, and I'm wondering: where are the backing vox coming from during the choruses? :D

"Expectations are the enemy of music." - Mike Keneally

Hi! My band is... my band is... HALF ZAFTIG | Half Zaftig on MySpace | The Solo Stuff

Wow! I need to get caught up! ;)

Lawnmower (which is what I've been doing all afternoon -- first time we've mowed since the first week of July!!! :eek: ) -- we probably won't tour again until next year after we release our next CD. But you never know....

Connie -- Thanks a zillion for ordering!!! :):):):wave:

Yogi -- Glad you're enjoying BBV! For harmonies I split my vocal folds in two and sing melody and harmony at the same time... :D;) Actually, what we do live is play to a click on a sequencer so that we can fly in the harmonies. That was the one thing we couldn't replicate ourselves live but really wanted to have as part of the show.

tnb -- sorry we missed you in RI, too! It was a wacky night-- a track hit a power pole somewhere and the electricity went off right after we were done playing and everyone was sent home.

Wow! I need to get caught up! ;)

Yogi -- Glad you're enjoying BBV! For harmonies I split my vocal folds in two and sing melody and harmony at the same time... :D;)

And I thought Mariah Carey was the only one who could do that!

(You know, she claimed that she could do that after her first Grammy)

Yep, I really enjoyed the clip. I also wondered about the backing guitar licks...is your hubby triggering that with the drum pad as well?

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Well, Dave, this time I really AM doing it all! Is there a part in particular you thought was triggered? I could tell you what's happening in that part of the song to illustrate. There are only 2 songs where we trigger a sample of a bass sound, and then they're not so much actual bass lines as they are sound effects. This song doesn't have anything like that, though.

So, Mariah actually claimed she could do that?!?! Sheesh!! :rolleyes:

Actually, these guys can sing two notes at once:

Huun Huur Tu

I have some CDs of these Tuvan folk singers and musicians.

They have a unique and brilliant sound.

I highly recommend them, just for a nice change of pace, if you're into "world music" or whatever, or just looking for a new influence.

So, Mariah Carey? No.

Huun Huur Tu? Yes.

ClatterAmy? Maybe?

"Tea & Cake, or Death!"

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Whacked:

Whoot!

Got my DVD & T & other goodies today!

Thanks a ton Amy & Joe :)

Just finished watching it and I'm very impressed. Excellent!

Girlfriend just walked in wearing my Clatter t-shirt and nothing else.

damnit. got to go and get MY t-shirt back

Just finished it and couldn't agree more! Not only did they even beat the studio CD, but I'd like to get that T-shirt off your girlfriend, too! :D

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Amy (and Joe),

Just ordered.

Glad to se the energy is not flagging! I can't wait to show this to a drummer I've been hounding... of course he'll probably be out looking for a female bassist/singer now, but... ; }

<-- greenboy ---<<<<

Archived