Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Clatter DVD sneak peek

clatteramy

In case you haven't seen it yet, I've posted a song from our upcoming DVD on our web site. I had to sacrifice quality to keep the file size down, but I thought you guys might get a kick out of it! Especially since we won't be touring again for a while in order to work on a new CD. If you get a chance to watch it let me know what you think! :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amy! That was totally awesome!!! A total blast! :thu::thu::thu:

Not only is your band great, but the film was fantastically produced!

Your look, your sound, your talent are really wonderful. CLATTER RULES!

Seems like the hard work paid off, cause you have a definite quality product.

I want to see YOU on the cover of BP!

Thanks for sharing your footage!

... connie z

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

Wow, thanks, Connie!!! :wave:

It's really scary to do something like this and not know how people will receive it. It was the same way when we released our CD last year -- we thought, "Are we completely out of our minds for doing this?!?!" But it's the continued support of people like you that keeps us going! Thank you so much for your vote of confidence!!! :):)

Wow! Nicely done.

You rule Amy and the rest aren't bad either.

Can't wait to show Tina our singer. She could use some inspiration like that. Hell, we all could!

Bravo!

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

OK, I've ordered the DVD and the T-Shirt. I'm totally psyched!!!

Amy, how many inputs did you end up using on the board, and was it more than you usually use in a large venue?

"For instance" is not proof.

Keeerist, Amy. That's one well produced DVD! Good to see such a talented duo getting somewhere. Money's REEEAL tight right now, but you'll see my order come through before too long. :P

Keep up the fantastic work Amy & Joe.

-Mike

...simply stating.

Bloody brilliant, whats it like having the camera attached to your bass, heavy?

Do you use both output jacks on your rickenbacker?

Nic

"i must've wrote 30 songs the first weekend i met my true love ... then she died and i got stuck with this b****" - Father of the Pride

Thanks so much for your kind words and orders! :)

To answer your questions:

0-9: I used a few more inputs than normal just to ensure that if anything went wrong with one of the signals, I'd have a backup. So I normally just use a DI for the 2 SWR amps, but this time we mic'ed them as well. It turned out to be a good thing, because when we got home I discovered that one of the speakers in my Redhead was blown, and it happened to be the one they mic'ed, so I had the DI to cover that.

Afro: The camera on the bass wasn't heavy, but the battery packs on my back were!! I don't know if you can see them in this song, but I had a couple of big battery packs attached to my strap. The heaviness wasn't as much a factor (although I sure felt it the next day!!) as was the balance. I don't think I moved my bass -- or my body -- around as much as I normally would, and I found it a little weird to get used to the balance of my bass being a bit off. As far as the Ric goes -- for whatever reason, I use the Ric-o-sound jack but I don't run it in stereo. It's pretty funny that I split my signal but I don't do it at the bass!

woah, i had never heard a clatter song. and it hit me like a train! :D

this band is so cool! i think im going to preorder the dvd :D

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

Definitely on my wish list. :love:;)

:thu:

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "&$%^, what a ride". - Doug Berlin

I've just heard you have 3 rickenbackers! Is this true? Thats a bit headonistic really :P Im going to order the cd and introduce you guys to south wales, you can come and play in the barfly in cardiff, its a lovely city. Hurrah!

Nic

P.S. i visited my uni today, had to get up at 5.30 to go, i only managed to get to sleep at 3.40, i hope this goes some way to explaining the randomness of the post.

"i must've wrote 30 songs the first weekend i met my true love ... then she died and i got stuck with this b****" - Father of the Pride

Originally posted by Afro_boy:

I've just heard you have 3 rickenbackers! Is this true? Thats a bit headonistic really :P Im going to order the cd and introduce you guys to south wales, you can come and play in the barfly in cardiff, its a lovely city. Hurrah!

Nic

P.S. i visited my uni today, had to get up at 5.30 to go, i only managed to get to sleep at 3.40, i hope this goes some way to explaining the randomness of the post.

Ha ha! Dang, that's early! Yup, I have a 2003, 2001, and fretless. I'm going to post photos of all my basses on our web site in the next few days -- the ones I just took didn't come out so well so I want to take better ones. Get some sleep!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT to come play in Wales!!!!!!!!!!!! :thu:

amy!!!!! Loved it!!! i've got to order the cd and the dvd, still overdue on ordering that cd.So you're writing some new stuff, i assume that means a new album sometime in the upcoming year? looking forward to it!!

peace and keep on rocking the free world

Originally posted by clatteramy:

Hey, Ted! Long time no "see!" Yeah, it looks a bit different than the show at Benders, eh? :)

Man, I felt so bad for all my fellow, uh...KCitians... you all played your asses off, and there were only a handful of folks.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by PickPunk:

amy!!!!! Loved it!!! i've got to order the cd and the dvd, still overdue on ordering that cd.So you're writing some new stuff, i assume that means a new album sometime in the upcoming year? looking forward to it!!

Blinded by Vision STILL gets more play time than almost any other CD I own and I bought it a long time ago. I'm going to get the DVD ASAICAI. :D

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

amy you're my hero!

wow.. what killer tone you have... are you fingers capped with something made out of metal or am I just seeing things??

"You look hopefully for an idea and then you're humble when you find it and you wish your skills were better. To have even a half-baked touch of creativity is an honor."

-- Ernie Stires, composer

Originally posted by PickPunk:

Yes, we're hoping to record again sometime next year. We're glad to have the opportunity to start writing some new stuff!

Originally posted by lug:

Blinded by Vision STILL gets more play time than almost any other CD I own and I bought it a long time ago. I'm going to get the DVD ASAICAI. :D

Aw, shucks, wubby. :love:

Originally posted by mound:

amy you're my hero!

wow.. what killer tone you have... are you fingers capped with something made out of metal or am I just seeing things??

Ha ha! That would be awesome! What if I had titanium-tipped fingers and that's what gave me my tone and playing ability?! Like the Bionic Woman! :cool: Sadly, it's just old fashioned nail polish in a chrome color. I thought it would be cool to accentuate my fingers for better visibility.

Tedster, compare and contrast:

Benders --

http://clatter.com/internet/benders.jpg

Check out how my rig is squashed behind Joe -- that was the entire stage right there! And the bare bulb...!

DVD show --

http://clatter.com/internet/DVD.jpg

The problem with doing the DVD is that it's going to be hard to back again!

Originally posted by clatteramy:

Originally posted by WCunha:

Just ordered the DVD. Looking forward to getting it since you won't do shows in the Chi-Town area ;) .

Hey!! :mad: We did one!!! ;)

Thanks for the order!!! :wave:

You did????? When? Where? and where the heck was I?

"For instance" is not proof.

Archived