Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: first take

A musician who's spent his entire life trying to get a record deal is feeling extremely depressed. He's been turned-down by every record company he's ever contacted. No one seems to recognize his unique talent, so he comes up with an ingenius plan to get back at all the record companies who've rejected him all of his life. He books time at a recording studio, and instructs the sound engineer to record everything he says, and every sound he hears, and then copy it all onto 1000 CDs, and send a CD to every record company executive on the list that he hands the engineer. The guy walks into the vocal booth; the red light is on, and he begins... "This is a message for all you sycophantic, talentless, stupid record company idiots who've ignored me for all these years. I've dedicated my life to writing beautiful, emotive, soul-searching music, and all you bastards do is discard my tapes, never return my phone calls, and sign these horrible, no-talent, ridiculous, dumb bands, and these filthy, dirty rappers! Well, you bunch of morons, you parasites, you dumb pricks; I've taken all I can of your puerile, shallow ndustry, and it's you who have driven me to this! Goodbye you fuckin' murderers of art!" With that, he pulls out a gun, puts it to his head and blows his brains out. The sound engineer glances up and says, "Okay. That's fine. I've got a good level. Wanna go for a take?"

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That reminds me of something on an old Warner Bros. cartoon...I think it's Daffy who does this circus trick...swallows nitro and dynamite, gasoline, and then lights a match...BOOM...everyone applauds...but he can only do the trick once.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived