Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Simpsons

i apologize for yet another off topic post, but this is a very important topic for most of us on this board. for over five years, i have had the same routine when i come home from work. i come home, i pet my cat, i crack a cold one and i watch the Simpsons. (they come one at 5pm and 6pm) now i dont watch a lot of TV, but the Simpsons is about the only show i really care about. (that and South Park) today was different....i turn my TV on at 5pm like i always do, but wait something is terribly wrong...the Simpsons aren't on!!! :mad: :mad: WTF????? they replaced it with 3rd Rock from the sun! :mad: i check the program guide and, no Simpsons in sight! i am so pissed!! whoever is the program director for KQCA channel 58 (the WB) has f**ked up....the Simpsons is the only reason i ever watch that stupid channel..now i have no reason...stupid frog. this sucks, i'm already going through withdrawls...i'm shaking, i feel dizzy, i have this overwhelming urge to do something productive...(like make music)...i need my Simpsons! heeeeellp!!! i am sorry, but this is something i had to get off of my chest...i am sure that fellow Simpsons fans can feel my pain....thanks for listening (reading) has this happened to anyone else?
0096 2251 2110 8105

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a fellow Simpsons fan, I feel your pain... :freak: But - take the time to get into 3rd Rock. It's a weird-ass show that's funny in many of the same ways as The Simpsons. Plus, they have one of the coolest theme songs on TV! :thu:

Time to reprogram your set. FOX does the same thing here in Denver, only at 4:30 and 5:30, with bouts of King of The Hill in between. Today's episodes were the family patronizes the country club (4:30) and Bart shoplifts (5:30). "You there! Fill it up with peroleum dis-til-late, and re-vulcanize my tires, post haste!"
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

D'OH!!! Outstanding satire! My wife thinks I'm a little off for watching it, but I think it's fantastic. Well, she never got Jean Sheperd either. (The story teller, not the country singer).

Yeah, still being made, although there have been recent articles where the subject of the end of the show was lightly discussed. My fiance'/wife was living in Italy when the Simpsons came out; she's only been back for about four years, and never watched the show until she met me. Now, she races to see the intro, for whatever Bart scribbles on the board and whatever happens to the family in the living room. She loves the show. Kinda like when I was a kid, and Dad and I would watch the intro to the Dick VanDyke Show, to see if it was one of the funny ones or not.
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

My brother won't even talk to family on the phone when the Simpsons are on. Kind of annoying when you call long distance.

One of these days I'm gonna change my evil ways...

one of these days...

http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Band.gifhttp://www.weidenbach.net/images/storage/headbang.gif

I feel your pain. I once enjoyed the Simpsons everyday at 5:30, and then they yanked them so we could have back to back Tool Time or something. Fortunatly by that time, I had over 30 VHS tapes, each containing 6 commercial free episodes. So life was able to continue somewhat comfortably for me. But woe to those poor souls who did not prepare. I thought that for the first 8 or 9 seasons, The Simpsons was the most consistantly funny program I've ever seen. Pure genious. I'd say that after the 9th season it's been much more hit and miss. I hope they have the good sense to know when it's time to end it. Futurama was a great show too. It was culled off before it even had a chance to become boring. Dental Plan Lisa needs braces Dental Plan Lisa needs braces Dental Plan Lisa needs braces Dental Plan Lisa needs braces Dental Plan Lisa needs braces Dental Plan Lisa needs braces Dental Plan Lisa needs braces Dental Plan Lisa needs braces Dental Plan Lisa needs braces :D

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

No daily dose of Simpsons :eek: ! I don't know how I'd live without it, nevermind the fact that I've seen every episode at least 5 times :D . If it happened in my town I'd march my ass down to the local network and wouldn't leave until it was back on the air. Nah, who am I kidding, I'd just go on Morpheus and try to download all of the episodes :idea: .

"Be quiet brain, or I'll stab you with a toothpick"! "Mmmmmmm. Unexplained bacon." "D'oh!" "A deer!" "A female deer." "Sir, I don't think women and sea men mix." And so much more.
-David R.

But Marge, every time I try to learn something new, I forget something I already knew! Like that time I took that wine tasting course and then forgot how to drive!" "That's because you were drunk." (with a satisfied smile) "And how..."
Andrew Mazzocchi

[quote]Originally posted by chedrob: [b]I'm sure Danny Gatton was a Simpsons fan. Have you heard his screaming telecaster version of the theme song?[/b][/quote]That's a great cover of that song. I had totally forgotten about that until you mentioned that. Now I've got to dig out my Danny Gatton CD's :thu: . Telecasters rule!

well, the WB is still without the Simpsons. there is still hope. the small tv in my studio can sometimes get KBHK out of the bay area. they play the Simpsons at 6 and 7:30. then there is KCVU out of Chico which is further away but can still get a signal. i need one of them big rotating TV antennas on top of my roof...just so i can watch the Simpsons. :D the closest i got to watching the Simpsons this week was last night's episode of South Park.
0096 2251 2110 8105

For a while, CBC was pre-empting daily episodes of Simpsons (one of my three reasons to live) with assinying FIFA World Cup soccer - SUPER PISSED!!! I come home from making music all day, and craving to watch the most intelligent show EVER and lame-ass soccer was on!!! Rotten. I can't wait for it to be over. I'm going through withdrawal :rolleyes: Cheers! Spencer
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

[quote]Originally posted by Spencer Crewe: [b]For a while, CBC was pre-empting daily episodes of Simpsons (one of my three reasons to live) with assinying FIFA World Cup soccer - SUPER PISSED!!! I come home from making music all day, and craving to watch the most intelligent show EVER and lame-ass soccer was on!!! Rotten. I can't wait for it to be over. I'm going through withdrawal :rolleyes: Cheers! Spencer[/b][/quote]You poor, misguided fool ;) :D
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

[quote]Originally posted by Ultravibe: [b]Okay, ultimate trivia. What is the name of the acne faced kid who works at all the fast food joints, and who is his mother?[/b][/quote]I thought he was just known as "Squeaky-Voice Kid", but his mom? I have no idea...

actually he is (they are) technically known as "Puberty Boy"...not one character, but a series of pimple-faced teenagers that appeared on the show over the years. and his mother is lunch lady Doris.
0096 2251 2110 8105

Archived