Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Lowdown Bar...

Graham56

basshappi,

Just to bore you further, the room also has a huge walk in closet with shelves to the ceiling, for adapters, electronic stuff, projects, and instruments like my woodwinds and guitars and spare rack stuff - and clothes bars to hang cables on.

And the garage has a huge plywood locker on lockable industrial casters right inside one side of the 16-foot door where the main brunt of PA, lighting, and gig-going gear is loaded in and out of.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope it's not too late to buy another round for everyone...after all, it's not Christmas yet... :D

http://www.acousticalsolutions.com/

Basses:

'73 Fender Telecaster Bass

'85 Modulus Quantum 6 Thruneck Custom Pre-Serial

'86 G&L L2000 Fretless

Opus 5 String "Frankenwood" Fretless

www.Ebassist.com

Do you think the bartender has any aspirins?

All of the cigarette smoke is killing my sinuses. Sudafed is my friend. :thu:

But, despite that, I TOTALLY support the freedom to smoke in a bar! Because even though I quit 18 years ago, I never know when I might start again! :D

Hey, do they ever have karaoke here?

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

Sorry Connie, There was a Karaoke machine by the stage when I walked in.I took it out to the parking lot and ran over it with my car...several times. :thu:

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Originally posted by basshappi:

Sorry Connie, There was a Karaoke machine by the stage when I walked in.I took it out to the parking lot and ran over it with my car...several times. :thu:

Noooooooooo, not the karaoke machine!!!

My dream is to one day hear someone singing karaoke to one of my original songs that made it really really big!!! :thu:

Oh well. I was going to try to get one of you guys to do a duet of "Endless Love" with me. ;)

Bartender, can I have a soda with lime please. :D

Black and Tans for everyone......cheers!!!
Never mind the Car Bomb - asking for one of these in the wrong place and in the wrong accent can get you into even more trouble. An English friend of mine made the mistake of asking for one in a London 'Irish' pub.

Conversation almost stopped dead as heads swivelled. If there had been a pianist he would have stopped playing too.

With sweat breaking out as we realised we might have a problem, a kindly barmaid suggested, "I think you meant to say a Guinness and stout didn't you sorr..."

"Emmmm Yes! Anything! Whatever! Yes! That's it..!"

I'm sure there would have been no problem in Ireland, but this was one of those expat venues where people wore their 'Irishness' a lot more aggressively and in your face than they would at home. Unlike any pub Ive been to in Ireland itself, they made a point of scowling at non-Irish outsiders.

Cheers

Graham

PS: Im a Scot living in London, where I come across Scottish expats that can be just as chippy about the English. A****holes!

PPS: If you don't know the significance, Black and Tan was the nickname given to a regiment of British Auxiliaries operating in Ireland during the 1918-21 rebellion. They had reputation for brutality and indiscipline that still resonates today.

www.talkingstrawberries.com - for rocking' blues, raw and fresh!

Awww...Connie.. Tell ya what... I'll sing "Endless Love" with you if you'll take a crack at "The Ace Of Spades."

C'mon, guys, gather 'round.

"You win some, lose some, it's all a game to me..."

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Originally posted by CMDN:

Awww...Connie.. Tell ya what... I'll sing "Endless Love" with you if you'll take a crack at "The Ace Of Spades."

I'll take a shot at "Endless Ace of Spades". :D
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Somebody flag the old guy in the Santa hat, willya? He's getting ornery again.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Ornery? Heck...I (hic) don't know 'bout no ornery...but this is some damn fine eggnog you're all serving here...much better than at that "Sweat" party. What's in this stuff, anyway?

Gettin' time to kick this Christmas/Chanukah party into high gear, I say...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by CMDN:

I don't know "The Ace Of Spades!" Where can I learn it!? :confused::D

Originally posted by basshappi

Well Connie to make it up to you, Your tab is on me tonight.

Sorry basshappi - we don't like that word around here - too many times it's been incorrect. Pay her bill or pay for her drinks please !!

I'll take a shot at the karaoke thingy. How about "Plush" by Stone Temple Pilots, or "Feelings"???

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I don't know "The Ace Of Spades!" Where can I learn it!?

Connie, my dear... do not pass "Go," do not collect $200. Instead, go directly to the music store and request "Motorhead's Greatest Hits." Ten to one "The Ace Of Spades" will be the first track.

Learn that one, and I'll even do "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart" by Elton John & Kiki Dee with you. And I'll sing the Kiki Dee parts....

\m/

Erik

--Sun Tzu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by basshappi

Well Connie to make it up to you, Your tab is on me tonight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry basshappi - we don't like that word around here - too many times it's been incorrect. Pay her bill or pay for her drinks please !!

Whoops! I was kinda wondering why all the conversation stopped and everyone looked at me :o

To make up for my 'indescretion',I'll buy this round for everybody! :D

Cheers!

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Archived