Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New F bass for me!!!

bassaddik

arrived today after a long wait-

http://accessbass.com/Buckeye%20bodysm%20.jpg

heres the page showing the construction stages..

http://accessbass.com/Fbassestock.html

this bass is AMAZING!! butter to play and punch , growl and tone to die for!! thanks, Mr Furlanetto!!

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's an incredible looking bass!!

So....did ya need a cigarette after your first glance? I think I would've, and still would've respected it in the morning.

Amost makes me want to part with some serious money.

Your fault. I can't look anymore.

(peek...)

Damn it, Beavis.....

Most excellent!

Bassplayers aren't paid to play fast, they're paid to listen fast.

Since I lived in Hamilton for many years, I made several visits to the Furlanetto shop down off of Burlington street.

This guy is a classy act. He had some display models on show, and let me try every one I wanted to. He showed me the back of the shop, where they do the work, explained how they make the pickup covers.....wow, great experience.

Every bass I played was set up perfectly,not a single fret rattle ( and i looked for them...). The singer for the band I was in at the time knew him personally, so I guess the treatment was a little biased...but still, for a shop that busy to take time for little 'ole me made me feel really good about the whole thing.

Now if only I had a few G's layin around to buy one......( I will one day.)

Check out my work in progress.

Wow, man, wow. That's a gorgeous instrument. I got to play a couple of F basses at the NYC Guitar & Bass Boutique back in December, and was really impressed with the quality of the construction and the sound. The preamp is terrific, and the active and passive settings both sound awesome.

Stunning bass. Enjoy it.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Dude, you have owned some of the nicest, sweetest basses I've ever seen. Nice NAMM 2003 photos too!

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

That's a beautiful instrument, and unlike some other pretty basses, all reports are that F basses play as well as they look. I've been sorely tempted several times to grab one.

Good luck with it, many years of enjoyment to you!

1000 Upright Bass Links, Luthier Directory, Teacher Directory - http://www.gollihurmusic.com/links.cfm

[highlight] - Life is too short for bad tone - [/highlight]

thanks, fellas- yes, this is one of the exotic tops i was going on about...

man, i am SO happy with this bass- i will break her in this wekend on a couple of jazz/r&b/brazilian gigs- i have been goingover the tunes with it and it plays itself!!! growl and definition for days- i cant say ive ever played a better sounding bass- George Furlanetto is a master. i wish you guys could hear!! this is the stuff dreams are made of...AMAZING!!!

Praise ye the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

ok- a short clip oat the bass sounds like-

mzeger , that maple shows there because thats really the neck- it is set deep into the body- i guess that part couldve gotten a burl veneer, but i trust George and if it were to change anything in the sound, i would vote against it- but, yeah, i had the same thought-

heres the clip:

http://accessbass.com/f bass clip.mp3

Praise ye the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Originally posted by bassaddik:

i cant say ive ever layed a better sounding bass- George Furlanetto is a master. i wish you guys could hear!! this is the stuff dreams are made of...AMAZING!!!

Uuum, dude you might want to edit that...

Seriously though... that Bass is NIIICE... I'd lay it too if I could afford it!

I really like those pickup covers... very nice touch. And the contrast at the neck joint is cool too.

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

I'm not really sure how to tell the difference between a good bass and a good player... I've heard good players make a mediocre bass sound great, and I've heard some mediocre players make quality instruments sound like, well, crap... but that clip of your new bass sounds pretty damn good to me... whether its the bass, or the player, or both (as Sweet Willie suggested.)

Again, I have to say... NIIIICE.

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Such a good-lookin' bass -- especially w/ those matching p'up covers and control knobs -- that I had to bump this back to the top with a longing sigh... ;)

Now that you've had it a little while longer, Adrian, have any more specifics to tell us about how it sounds and plays?

Peace.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

LOL!! Whappo I had that thing locked down way back when it was just a hunk of buckeye burl!! - Im still amazed- a keeper if i ever saw one!!- thanks for the kind comments-- A.

Praise ye the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

Archived