Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Abbreviations used?

patrick_dont_fret

Ok, I've been here since August or September, but I'm not even scratching the surface on all these abbreviations you guys use. Maybe I'm just not 'internet-junkie' enough to know all this stuff, or maybe I'm just plain ignant (intentional mispelling). Could you good people of the deep fill me in on this wonder that ceases to amaze me. Things I'm asking about; IMHO, etc., etc. Not pup, etc., etc. I know those. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool deal. Thanks for filling me in, guys. I know, it's weird. I'm from the south, and I like to speak clearly?!?!?! I was born in New Orleans, too. Isn't that weird? Anyway, I'm not too in touch with my internet self, so I don't know much of the jargon. I just wanted to be able to understand you guys better, not that I'll remember to actually use these things.

I think a lot of these "abbreviations" came about when people got tired of typing everything out. You know, I want my "fill in the blank" now! attitude. If you know how to use them, it helps you to express your ideas more rapidly and "clearly?"

BTW (hey I used one), I am also trying to figure them out, but I try to take them in context and extrapolate what they could mean and hope for the best.

In Hawaii we say, "Haah?" or "what you said?"

I'm trying to think but nuthin' happens....

Archived