Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'd forgotten how good that old song was

Have you heard an old song lately that made you say "Man, I'd forgotten just how great that song is"? I have been listening to Billy Joel's [i]The Stranger[/i] and the song [i]Just the way you are[/i] blows me away. What are some songs that have done that for you lately? _____________________ Post indie electronic Meriphew [url=http://www.meriphew.com]www.meriphew.com[/url]

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'll have to listen to your local oldies station to hear these. I Love you more today than yesterday( Spiral Staircase) She'd rather be with me( Turtles) Easy to be hard (Three Dog Night) Kind of a drag (Buckinghams). When I hear these songs that were done on 8 track from 67 to 70 I realise tat we have gone backwards as far as producing engineering and Talent. Everything today sounds cheap and processed by comparison. Paul.

I bet y'all thought I was gonna pick out an old Rush song but.... "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder. Something possessed me to go out and buy "Songs in the Key of Life" the other day and I was just blown away by this song. It's not like I haven't heard it a zillion times before...I dunno, maybe it's just my paternal instincts kicking in since I'm getting married soon? And it REALLY sounds unbelievable when it's not being squashed by FM radio...
None more black.

How about 'White Bird' by Its A Beautiful Day. I just pulled out Slowhand from Eric Clapton and I forgot just how good the song 'The Core' is, man I gotta pull out my strat now. ikestr
...hertz down low....

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]Al Green-Let's Stay Together[/b][/quote]Oh c'mon! How could you forget how good that song is? I could understand Billy Joel, but not Al Green's definitive hit. Maybe I'll go add senile to your insult thread :p I think the Turtle's Happy Together is in some commercial now.

Archived