Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Forum plans

Hugo H

What do we want this place to be? It's in our hands, we're the ones here, so what shall we do? What's missing from other forums that we'd like to see here? What's already on other forums that we'd prefer to have here instead?

How can we attract more folks? And, personally, I'm hoping we can grab some attention of the nicer kind of person, the kind that's sincerely interested in meaningful talk about songwriting. There's other places folks can hang out to be immature. So what content do we need here that'll grab the attention of people looking at search engines for songwriting and composition forums?

Do we need some threads with search-word valuable titles? Like, "Online rhyming dictionary links" or "Common chord progressions"? How about "Lyric critiques: the good and the bad" or "My best melody line"?

I'm not sure what we need or what keywords to use, but let's think about it.

Kawai GS-40 grand & other keys

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, it'd be nice to change the forum name, simply to define ourselves a bit better.

I'd go with "Serious Songwriting".

And then I'd do a magazine of the same name :)

Of course, composition is part of it all, but seems to imply classical-oriented or soundtrack-oriented pursuits. Not that I'm not interested in that (it's mostly what I write), it's just that I think a different title might attract the kind of pros and talented amateurs that hang out in our associated forums. It's also what more people strive to do.

Maybe "Serious Songwriting and Composition"?

Hi Hugo,

An excellent thread to start :thu:

We actually only changed the name of the forum a few months back so personally I'd be reluctant to change it again so soon - it was changed to the current title to reflect a focus on composition (scoring etc) as well as more general songwriting.

As you said, you all can make this what you like, and please feel free to do so ;)

I'm actually glad it can encompass more than just songs OR just scores. I'm only putting on a marketing hat and running things up a pole to see if they fly :)

Now all I have to do is take the time to do more than talk about it :D

Archived