Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Poll: Censorship on this Forum?

Answer "Yes" if you do not believe in "free speech" and you hate "freedom of the press" are opposed to "academic freedom, free exchange of thought" and believe that only a narrow view of the world should be allowed to be expressed here.

So a "Yes" vote means you are in favor of Censorship.

Vote "No" if you are against Censorship. Vote "No" if you believe that any form of Censorship should NEVER bar any artists, and in particular, songwriters, from expressing themselves.

So a 'No" vote means you favor freedom of expression.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I didn't vote because of one thing. This is a privately held forum so your poll is moot. The fact that it is publicly available is also moot. If you're blatently placing anything on here that is obnoxious or offensive to anyone involved in the hierachy it can and should be deleted or curtailed. This forum, being a private forum, allows quite alot of leeway but realize the content reflects on the owner/s of the forum. They may not agree with your views and such can curtail any and all drivel you espouse.

If you want to spout your political views in any form, musically, lyrically, poetically, or through plain prose, take it to the political forum.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

I too, refuse to partake on grounds that you are full of shit.

I shop at Wal Mart because that's the only place that sells CD-Rs within a 40 mile radius. So, are you calling me a commie, boy?

0096 2251 2110 8105

Well... it's a private site and they have ultimate power.

I'm all for keeping political discussions in the politics forum -- and I can certainly see how some things become tiresome.

But I also can't see how anything approaching a writer's workshop can be carried on under threat of censorship on purely political grounds.

I think that's pretty lame. Your business, maybe.

But pretty lame.

[PS... I didn't vote either way in the poll. But I hope I've made my position clear, here.]

Originally posted by theblue1:

I'm all for keeping political discussions in the politics forum -- and I can certainly see how some things become tiresome.

But I also can't see how anything approaching a writer's workshop can be carried on under threat of censorship on purely political grounds.

But pretty lame.

[PS... I didn't vote either way in the poll. But I hope I've made my position clear, here.]

Did you even take the time to peruse those threads?

Pure agenda, nothing to do with collaborating on a song, political or otherwise.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Buy Nothing From Dak,

I suppose a political protest song under your way of thinking has no point of view or agenda. I'd love to hear one of your "neutral" political protest songs.

Why don't you share a few verses of one of your "neutral" political protest songs with us and show us how this feat is accomplished.

That ought to be worth a laugh.

i voted yes...until i saw your posts. then i would have voted no in an instant.

do you realize how much of an ass your posts made you seem like? commie mart, commie mart? that's really quite ridiculous. you're an attention whore who can't stand when people divert their attention away from you.

i even noticed that in the commie mart thread, you just copy and pasted the commiemart song whenever anyone tried to talk intelligently about a) songwriting or b) the politics behind your song. you just can't stand people not recognizing you.

maturity at its finest.

Originally posted by Johnny B:

Buy nothing From Dak,

I suppose a political protest song under your way of thinking has no point or view or aganda. I'd love to hear one of your "neutral" political protest songs.

Why don't you share a few verses of one of your "neutral" political protest songs with us and show us how this feat is accomplished.

That ought to be worth a laugh.

If you would take the time to read what's posted you would realize that if you had not been so unduly vociferous in your rantings about Bush, etal, and really been trying to post a protest song collaboration things would have been much better received.

You are easier to see through than a pane of glass.

Our Joint

I am rolling around on the floor, laughing myself to tears!!! Ah, the simple poetic justice of Johnny B's hate speech forcing people who probably agree with him on some issues to shut his threads down. And now, Johnny b's crying like a baby with the colic and screamng censorship over it. You could cut the irony with a knife!!!

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Originally posted by picker:

I am rolling around on the floor, laughing myself to tears!!! Ah, the simple poetic justice of Johnny B's hate speech forcing people who probably agree with him on some issues to shut his threads down. And now, Johnny b's crying like a baby with the colic and screamng censorship over it. You could cut the irony with a knife!!!

:D

Our Joint

Originally posted by Buy property from Dak.:

Originally posted by theblue1:

But pretty lame.

Did you even take the time to peruse those threads?

Pure agenda, nothing to do with collaborating on a song, political or otherwise.

I actually came back in here to say:

In fact, I could see how some things could get really, really tiresome.

I do stand by the principles of what I said and I'll add that, as a free-enterprise-loving capitalist, I certainly support a business's right to administer their BB the way they want -- or to cede that authority to moderators like Nursers who generously donate their time.

I think that provocations like Johnny's political doggerel (no offense, Johnny) are probably usually best left to play themselves out without intervention, as long as they don't descend into political diatribe. (I only looked at one thread, which was apparently locked within about 9 or 10 posts. I failed to see a reasonable provocation.) But I do recognize that mods who are subject to what they consider harrassment can develop a hair-trigger with regard to repeated borderline infractions. On one hand, who can blame them?

At any rate, my definite sympathy for the moderators' plight as well as my skepticism as to the possibility of running a serious workshop under political censorship are moot: the moderator has the right and responsibility to do as he thinks is best, at least as long as he's moderator.

Do what ya gotta do.

Originally posted by Tedster:

POLL:

"Anyone who doesn't agree with me is full of shit"

YES

NO

:freak::rolleyes:

Pretty much, except it's more like

If you agree with me, you are a genuine human being with valid thoughts and the right idea of what freedom of speech is.

If you disagree with me, you are spam-sucking trailer trash from the planet Neocon, and shouldn't allowed to live, let alone reproduce.

Oh Johnny B, when will you realize that sane, reasonable people just don't think like you do? You'll never find help until you admit you have a problem...

This thread is a waste of bandwidth, along with the other 2 threads that inspired this one.

Johnny, you haven't been censored. Your threads weren't deleted. Infact, your silly lyrics are posted in ateast a dozen times in a dozen threads. It's getting old and no one cares.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to head out to Wal-Mart and buy some cheap crap. :thu:

As one who agrees with JB about the merits of WalMart (cheap's one thing but I don't like their policies toward workers or their financial support of what's probably slave labor in other countries) but one who thinks he's neither a writer (the evidence on this forum dispoves that claim) or possibly even a musician, I, too, suggest that this is a selfish waste.

JB just doesn't know how to get along with others, even those like me who would help advance the goals he says he has.

That's the rill dill: JB's so megamaniacal that he thinks no one else has had the ideas he just read about. He doesn't seem to think that anyone else can offer a valid observation if it disagrees in the slightest with his. It looks for all the world to me that he doesn't think anyone but he has any rights.

His pretense at collaborating was regularly disproved when he ignored all attempts to participate by others & his pretense of being a writer/composer by the fact that his "creations" never progressed or even had any apparent purpose other than to billboard his opinions.

The question isn't even whether the forum has the right to limit what's posted (they do of course) but whether anyone has the right to just blather on endlessly about anything & claim that's a right of free speech.

Does a parrot (or one simply repeating words til they've lost meaning) have free speech fights?

Does a dog howling at the moon (best metaphor for a "luna tick" ;) ?

How can one with so little to say, but who plastered his opinions allover this place now pretend that the community-called-for effort to get him to just quit blabbing about a topic that's been beat to death---& moreover has been offered reposting possibilties in both the SSS POl Forum & Nurser's own Collaboration Corner---how can he claim censorship?

I find it revealing that JB is strangely reluctant to take his ditties to the Collaboration forum; odd for one desiring to collaborate on a project...to me it supports the idea that he has no plans to allow anyone else to participate in their creation & no idea on what/how to actually put these things to use in the real world.

At what point do we crossover from free speech to cheap talk? How does that line affect those who don't want to see their words cheapened by becoming so overexposed as to be like white noise that is ignored?

There's been no censorship here....although I suspect that JB will draw this out to the point that sometime Nursers will have to edit out all this detrious (JB having the habit of reposting to keep his own threads propped up when others don't respond).

Again there's been no censorship here & I expect that unless deliberately provoked there never will be.

I can just see how this is affecting those non-regulars tuning in to see what goes on at the MusicPlayer site; how they can learn & get some advice or perhaps exchange ideas with others.

Thanks JB, for making us all look like real pros!

Notice that the number of voters is not mentioned, and that one of the few who actually did vote regretted it when he figured out hwta was really going on...

Archived