Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Beer's fer sissy's! What's yer favorite liquor?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by rog951: [b]Where does Sauza Especial fall in the quality range? [/b][/quote]It is technically TEQUILA but it DOES NOT deserve that name... "Sauza Especial" is good ONLY to use in mixed beverages like margaritas or that one with GrapeFruit Soda, salt and lemon. Not alone. Even while I don't like alcohol, I enjoy -in very seldom and special times- a good glass of DON JULIO, PATRON or TRES GENERACIONES. Ask your Bolivian friend to try them. he will appreciate you. :thu:

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Well Old Grand Dad and Jim Beam are still close friends but Ive found a new love. Every night around ten I have some toasted Italian bread and a Ron Rico dark and Gingerale or two or three. It has a bit of a Cpt Morgans taste. You Bicardi lovers should give old Ron a try. Once and a while I get stuck drinking Bicardi light and it tastes like medicine by comparison. Paul.

[quote]Originally posted by nhcomp45@aol.com: [b]Well Old Grand Dad and Jim Beam are still close friends but Ive found a new love. Every night around ten I have some toasted Italian bread and a Ron Rico dark and Gingerale or two or three. It has a bit of a Cpt Morgans taste. You Bicardi lovers should give old Ron a try. Paul.[/b][/quote]Sounds like it would be something worth looking into... I love Rum & Italian bread. There's nothing wrong with Ron Rico at all except it can't be found in every store. Heck I drink a pretty good dark rum called Castillo that most people never heard of but it's on par with Ron Rico & Bacardi. Try yours with cream soda sometime, & when 7up Gold was around, that & dark rum was UHMMM. Fall down in a hurry.... :freak:

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Oh man, I just thought of something. [b]RonCoCo CoCo Rum[/b] NOT to be confused with Ron Rico This is the best Cocanut flavored rum in existence. It's really hard to find. A company in Lake Placid Fla.( not sure about that) used to import it, haven't seen it in a while. It used to come in a wicker covered bottle now it's in a white pearled looking bottle. It is so fine. All that other stuff like Malibu CoCo Rum tastes like sun tan lotion. I think you can still special order it- RonCoCo dat's the stuff.

[quote]Originally posted by GusTraX: [b] [quote]Originally posted by rog951: [b]Where does Sauza Especial fall in the quality range? [/b][/quote]It is technically TEQUILA but it DOES NOT deserve that name... "Sauza Especial" is good ONLY to use in mixed beverages like margaritas or that one with GrapeFruit Soda, salt and lemon. Not alone. Even while I don't like alcohol, I enjoy -in very seldom and special times- a good glass of DON JULIO, PATRON or TRES GENERACIONES. Ask your Bolivian friend to try them. he will appreciate you. :thu: [/b][/quote]Who said my Bolivian friend was a "he?" ;) Actually, I've always been quite grateful she's NOT! :D Thanks for the tips...I've had Patron several times and I'm pretty sure I've had Tres Generaciones as well (isn't that the one with the guy's heads molded into the bottle?). For me, I'd always thought that Patron was much "smoother" (for lack of a better word) than the different Sauzas I'd tried, but I didn't want to insult my friend's taste by bringing it up (and risk losing certain privileges ;) ). I was just kinda looking for some impartial concurrence...I think the consensus here is that Sauza ain't really all that big a deal and I agree completely.
None more black.

Sauza make some excellent tequila, but they also make crap. Same goes for Cuervo. In the world of rum, one of my favorite drinks is the Dark and Stormy. It's Gosling's Bermuda Rum mixed with Barritts Ginger Beer - excellent!! :D :D

[quote]Originally posted by rog951: [b]Who said my Bolivian friend was a "he?" ;) Actually, I've always been quite grateful she's NOT! :D Thanks for the tips...I've had Patron several times and I'm pretty sure I've had Tres Generaciones as well (isn't that the one with the guy's heads molded into the bottle?). [/b][/quote]Ok. It's a SHE friend. :D ... then let her get drunk with the Sauza Especial. It works pretty fine... Yeap. the 3 Generaciones is that onw with the heads molded into the bottle. Cheers !!

www.guslozada.com

Liquor sucks. A friend just went through detox. He's forty-one, and the doctors told him that he'd be dead in a year if he starts drinking again. He's drinking again. I'll pass.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

[quote]Originally posted by Dan South: [b]Liquor sucks. A friend just went through detox. He's forty-one, and the doctors told him that he'd be dead in a year if he starts drinking again. He's drinking again. I'll pass.[/b][/quote]That's cool, Dan. I don't drink alcohol... but being mexican and not knowing a word about TEQUILA could be a total mess... :D

www.guslozada.com

Liquor?!...Liquor is for sissy's...real men (and women) do Jesus (straight, no chasers, no twists, every now and then on the rocks) I quit drinking some years ago...more power to ya...peace

No matter where you go, there you are...

Duke

Archived