Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Beer's fer sissy's! What's yer favorite liquor?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by GusTraX: [b]A real MACHO drinks... TEQUILA ![/b][/quote]Gotta be [b]real[/b] tequila, 100% blue agave (I prefer anejo), like - Patron El Conquistador Don Eduardo Don Julio :eek: :thu: :thu: :thu: :thu: :eek:

[quote]Originally posted by TinderArts: [b] Gotta be [b]real[/b] tequila, 100% blue agave (I prefer anejo), like - Patron El Conquistador Don Eduardo Don Julio :eek: :thu: :thu: :thu: :thu: :eek: [/b][/quote]That's the REAL deal, man... :thu:

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Depends on my mood Festive: Patron tequila Swanky: chilled Vox vodka Brooding: a good single-malt scotch. Glenlivet does just fine, it's like the Mackie mic pre of single malt.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Well, beer still goes best with a hamburger off the grill. But, my favorite sipping treat is Jack Daniels. For mixed drinks, it's any sort of rum...I'll second the Dak's motion. I actually kinda like Captain Morgan. I like tequila in margaritas, but, I'm not really partial to the straight up taste of either Tequila or Scotch. Just a personal preference.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Maker's Mark. A rare treat over here, it's been years. Beer is soda-pop for people who don't drink Coke. The beer of choice in my 'hood is Budvar, the original Budweiser, which bears no resemblance to the fine rice-soda drink of the same name. -Bobro

Maker's Mark is a good place to start...give Basil Hayden's a try. Or if you're up for it, try Bookers. 100% straight from the barrel, non-cut, non filtered. LAst bottle I had was 128 proof...

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

Single Malt Scotch. Glenmorangie (aged in a madiera cask) is nice. For blends I'm partial to Johnny Walker Blue (but at the price it's only in moderation). When I'm looking for a bit of a pick me up I like Irish Coffee. American beer is OK if there's no water available. -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

[quote]Originally posted by rog951: [b]Three words: Johnny Walker Black :thu: [/b][/quote]Spooky, I was going to say that. Were we separated at birth or something?
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

[quote]Originally posted by gearmike: [b]Maker's Mark is a good place to start...give Basil Hayden's a try. Or if you're up for it, try Bookers. 100% straight from the barrel, non-cut, non filtered. LAst bottle I had was 128 proof...[/b][/quote]Booker's and Baker's...that's boutique stuff though, and very good indeed, but then I'd have to throw in Lagavulin. Once a year at most on my budget. :) I only drink Lagavulin with my older brother, it's kind of a symbolic thing, we don't see each other much. -Bobro

Oh baby, come to mamma! I was looking for a map of Scotland to see how close the Glenmorangie distillery was to my aunt's house, and I hit this link. The whisky motherlode map. [url=http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/jhb/whisky/scotland.html]Scotland\'s distilleries[/url] When you find Wick on the map, my mother was born right about where the 'P' is on the word Pulteney. I used to drink JW Red & the Black neat in high school, but only at parties because it kept the dopers from bugging me. "Hey, want a toke?" "No thanks, want a shot?" "Are you crazy man?!" [b]Tequila Drinkers[/b] Are those brands you list any better in distillation quality than the average tequila? We ran a gas chromatograph on ethanol, scotch, jamaican rum and some tequila I can't recall, and the tequila had so many dangerous distillates in it I couldn't believe it was a beverage. I won't touch it.
It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b] [quote]Originally posted by rog951: [b]Three words: Johnny Walker Black :thu: [/b][/quote]Spooky, I was going to say that. Were we separated at birth or something?[/b][/quote]:) Could be...it'd be like "hey, I'm Rog and here's my brother, Rog" Hehe
None more black.

[quote]Originally posted by Charlie-brm: [b] [b]Tequila Drinkers[/b] Are those brands you list any better in distillation quality than the average tequila? We ran a gas chromatograph on ethanol, scotch, jamaican rum and some tequila I can't recall, and the tequila had so many dangerous distillates in it I couldn't believe it was a beverage. I won't touch it.[/b][/quote]The tequilas I listed are of the highest quality. Many cheaper tequilas are the worst thing you'd ever want to dring. There are quite a few cheap tequilas in the US that couldn't legally be called tequila in Mexico, because of the way they are blended with sugar alcohols and other ingredients. A tequila like Patron is one of the cleanest liquors you'll ever drink. :D

[quote]Originally posted by TinderArts: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Charlie-brm: [b] [b]Tequila Drinkers[/b] Are those brands you list any better in distillation quality than the average tequila? We ran a gas chromatograph on ethanol, scotch, jamaican rum and some tequila I can't recall, and the tequila had so many dangerous distillates in it I couldn't believe it was a beverage. I won't touch it.[/b][/quote]The tequilas I listed are of the highest quality. Many cheaper tequilas are the worst thing you'd ever want to dring. There are quite a few cheap tequilas in the US that couldn't legally be called tequila in Mexico, because of the way they are blended with sugar alcohols and other ingredients. A tequila like Patron is one of the cleanest liquors you'll ever drink. :D [/b][/quote]Quick Tequila question for all you aficionados... Where does Sauza Especial fall in the quality range? I have a Bolivian friend who swears by it but I always wondered if it was really any good or not...
None more black.

My favorite Licker......lets see now, maybe Hazel or Linda Lou....... :) But seriously....... Unless its Bushmills or the occasional free shot at gigs, I don't indulge. Sweet drinks and Gene don't mix.
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

[quote]Originally posted by rog951: [b] Where does Sauza Especial fall in the quality range? I have a Bolivian friend who swears by it but I always wondered if it was really any good or not...[/b][/quote]It wouldn't be my first choice. Hornitos (sp?) is the best cheap Sauza out there. BTW - Cuervo Gold is not tequila, it's a blend of tequila ([i]bad tequila[/i]) and diluted grain. It's a hangover machine like no other!!

Archived