Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How does Craig Anderton do so much?

As a reader of most of the Musicplayer mags, and collector of back issues dating back to the seventies, I have noticed that Craig Anderton has published (by my count) 4,632,563 articles (not to mention online stuff)! I am pretty curious as to how this guy finds time to get so much done. So the point of my letter is to suggest to Craig (if you read this) that an article on time management would really help those of us who have to avoid all work and take three months to do a simple demo! Keep up the good work...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[b]mateo[/b], you counted 4,632,563 articles? Never mind [b]Craig[/b], where did you find the time?!? ;) Actually, I believe that all of the work is done by [url=http://www.articlewriter.com]ArticleWriter[/url] , a program that Craig created in the seventies and has been developing ever since. In fact, Craig actually [url=http://www.musicplayer.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=005048&p=]let it slip[/url] , in a post a few days ago, that he spends his time lounging in a hot tub in Maui, after jetting in on his private plane. It's all smoke and mirrors my friend! :D

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

[b]mateo[/b], becoming a "MP Hall of Fame Member" is kind of like turning forty. Stick around long enough, and it naturally happens. Actually, it's a consolation prize that they give to us losers who have nothing better to do than post. :D In other words, you're awarded the title after 2,000 posts. (For real.) [b]alphajerk[/b] is the guy with the most posts at this site. The last time I looked, he was closing in on 6,000 posts!

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

[quote]Originally posted by soapbox: [b]becoming a "MP Hall of Fame Member" is kind of like turning forty. Stick around long enough, and it naturally happens.[/b][/quote]Granted. But how do you become a [i]"21st Century Genetically Engineered Renaissance man"[/i]? :freak:
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

[quote]Originally posted by KHAN: [b] [quote]Originally posted by soapbox: [b]becoming a "MP Hall of Fame Member" is kind of like turning forty. Stick around long enough, and it naturally happens.[/b][/quote]Granted. But how do you become a [i]"21st Century Genetically Engineered Renaissance man"[/i]? :freak: [/b][/quote]travel through a wormhole.

alphajerk

FATcompilation

"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson

Hey, thanks everyone! Actually I HAVE spent a lot of time devoted to studying time management, particularly regarding synergy. It's way too complex and involved to go into here...maybe I should write a book or something. The downside is I rarely read books, go to movies, etc. Any spare time is spent with my family, which is the most important element of what I do anyway.

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b]...maybe I should write a book or something.[/b][/quote]Yeah, that's what you need to do...write more. ;) Not that I'm comparing myself to the Mighty Anderton, but I find myself capable of nearly unlimited output in creativity and communications. I post like a fiend on musicplayer and on several other forums newgroups; I write entire brochures, ads, tech documents and more for my job every week; I blab like a fool on the phone; I write music nearly every day; I'm working on a novel-like thing; I'm producing two other artists...the list goes on. I can't speak for Craig here, but Steven King wrote something that intrigued me on this topic. He had published a series of books under a pseudnym (Richard Bachman), and explained why. His publishers were warning him that his output was so high, that he was saturating the book market. They weren't able to properly start promotion on one novel when he was already finished with the next one and had moved on to yet another. He analogized his creativity as being a horny hubby, and his publisher as a frigid wifey (his words, not mine). So, to accommodate his jones for creative output while still satisfying the business requirements of his publisher, he not only wrote a ton of books as Steven King, but also interspered them with a few Bachman books as well. It seems that the less effort I put into this stuff, the more/better the result is. The older I get, the more I believe in this aspect of Zen philosophy. What was I talking about? Hmmmm. Oh, well, gotta go write more stuff in other places for other things. - Jeff

[quote]Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy: [b][QUOTE] I can't speak for Craig here, but Steven King wrote something that intrigued me on this topic. He had published a series of books under a pseudnym (Richard Bachman), and explained why.[/b][/quote]I think that's why Craig also writes under the name of George Peterson :D J/K

Joe McDonough

Music Player Network

Frankenputer - where do come up with all this pics? You seem to come up with the perfect one for every thread! Coren5555 - I am lucky enough to be living in the magical Slocan Valley right now, but I'm usually found either on the island or in parts unknown. Craig - what's synergy?

How does Craig do so much? [img]http://www.craiganderton.com/craig.gif[/img] Well, my theory is... [img]http://www.craiganderton.com/craig.gif[/img] that it is because... [img]http://www.craiganderton.com/craig.gif[/img] there's got to be... [img]http://www.craiganderton.com/craig.gif[/img] more than one of him! :rolleyes: ;) :D Even though there's only "one" real Craig Anderton, we're all pretty dang lucky that he's involved in the stuff we love. 1,000% class act.

Cereal, I think you've got a new sig pic. :thu: ...if you can get it down to 3k... :eek: :D [img]http://franknputer.complexero.com/images/wheaties.jpg[/img]
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

[quote]Originally posted by mateo: [b]I have noticed that Craig Anderton has published (by my count) 4,632,563 articles (not to mention online stuff)![/b][/quote]Not only that, but he also does bioelectronics development, plays guitar and keys in about 17 bands all over the world, is well acquainted with the folks at NASA alien worlds projects, does fashion modeling for Valentino, he's head-chef at Tavern on the Green, writes operas for the Met and La Scala theatres, personal advisor to the Pope, personal shopper to President Bush, personal trainer to Madonna, dances the lambada while shooting targets at 300 metres and is 23rd Dan and world's supreme headmaster in the lost art of Himalayan Sacred Dragon Ultimate KungFu.
Max Ventura, Italy.

...But with all that, I still couldn't find you at the Frankfurt Superbooth!!! That really sucked, because I wanted to ask you about remixing one of your brother's tunes...are there original multitracks, or were they recorded live? BTW do any of you have any idea how weird it is to read about oneself? It's very flattering though, and makes me feel really appreciated...and when I get a chance, I'll post some actual advice on how to maximize one's use of time, because I have learned a thing or two that y'all might find useful. Meanwhile, for what it's worth things have been a bit tough lately, and you folks have certainly lifted my spirits. Thanks a lot!!

Archived