Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

As we speak, I'm firing up a BIG FAT

....G4 Dual 450. ;) Yeah, I know. It's not a Dual Gig or any thing. But I just aint got 3K for a new puter. I got it on eBay with 386 Megs-O-Ram and a zip drive for $900 :D I'll be loading DP3 in there tomorrow. Man, that old 350 was getting tired. And shame on all you druggies who thought I was going to say something else. :eek: :D ;) :freak: :thu:
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I'll just have to eek by on my 1700 XP W/512 DDR that I paid less than $450.00 for.It's enough to drive one to drugs I tell ya.One day....... :bor:
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe: [QB]And I thought I was doing well with a Athlon XP 1800 self built for about $900. How'd you pull that off? What specific components? DETAILS PLEASE! QB][/quote]The key word is upgrade.ECSK7S5A($50.00 new)1700 XP($120.00)OEM.512mbDDRMushkin($168.00)Case($30.00)Sparkle PSU350W($42.00OEM).The rest I moved over from my old. Anyway,just busting balls as usual :D ,Congrat's Kahn,you'll enjoy the new feeling of Power.You just have to get out the old power saving habits.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

I realize that you can build a whole lotta machine cheap if ya go PC. Learning how to tweak a Mac into submission took me long enough. And they are supposed to be easy. ;) The prospect of learning Windoze AND a new audio program just doesn't seem worth it at this time. Especially since the money saved on the machine would have to go towards the program.

[quote]Originally posted by Alndln@hotmail.com: [b]You think us PC guys were going to let you feel good about your new found power???? :D :D :D [/b][/quote]:D

I just upgraded to DP3 on the same machine with 256megs RAM. Paid a lot more than $900 for the G4, but I've had it for nearly 2 years. You'll love it. What are you using for an audio interface? I have a 2408mkII and a 24i expansion...highly recommended.

[quote]Originally posted by mzeger: [b]I just upgraded to DP3 on the same machine with 256megs RAM. Paid a lot more than $900 for the G4, but I've had it for nearly 2 years. You'll love it. What are you using for an audio interface? I have a 2408mkII and a 24i expansion...highly recommended.[/b][/quote]I have two Motu 828's.

[quote]Originally posted by KHAN: [/quote]I have two Motu 828's.[/QB][/QUOTE] You're going to be lovin' life! If you use ReCycle, look for a free upgrade to DP3.1 in which you can use REX2 files. Should be available soon.

Archived