Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Doh! Guitarist has appendix removed a week before gig!

We're supposed to play next Friday for the Canada Day festivities in my town. One of our guitar players just had his appendix removed this past Thursday. He sings lead on half of the material.

Is he sitting this one out, or is there a chance if he sits down while playing/singing that he might get by?

His doctor told him to take it easy for 6 wks.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Montage M7, MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XS Rack, PolyEvolver, Voyager, Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would figure he'll be sore. Playing guitar, if seated, might not be a problem, but, singing will be another matter. You use a lot of stomach muscles when you sing...muscles that will still be sore from the surgery.

Oh, BTW...if he DOES play, he has a free ticket to not have to lug gear... :)

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

No, he can't play a week after getting his appendix out, IMHO. He could rip his sutures, he could have internal bleeding, and so on. When you sing, there's a lot of use of diaphragm muscles, and he could have medical problems even without lifting a finger of the gear.

Unless your band is VERY sedate, I wouldn't do it.

- Jeff

I was back to work two days following my operation. But I was in my middle twenties, the heaviest thing I lifted at work weighted seven pounds, and I sat more than seven hours a day. I don't remember any problems. Take it real easy and don't overwork him. Slowly

"Let It Be!"

I had mine out when I was four. I was in hospital for 2 weeks and recuperated for a month or more. Bear in mind, though, that this was in 1960s Ireland and the fact that the damn thing nearly killed me before I got to hospital. Any operation involving cutting up an adult's innards is going to take longer to recover from that if that person was a resilient kid. No gigs for at least six weeks and no snowboarding for a year.

Thanks guys.

we jammed last night & he seemed to be fine. He played and sang standing up.

At one point I asked him what that red stain was on his shorts... ;):D

Unfortunately, he has a Marshall... :mad:

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Montage M7, MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XS Rack, PolyEvolver, Voyager, Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Archived