Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wrong VS. Right

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember a fight outside a bar where Jung Rong got into a disagreement with Jim Wright. Jung Rong kicked Jim Wright's ass with one roundhouse kick to the chops.

Rong is definitely better than Wright.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Wrong and right are relative terms, based on propaganda and subjective reality.

Better to realize that there is no wrong or right than to defend one or the other. Then you will begin to find the enlightenment you seek.

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

Better to realize that there is no wrong or right than to defend one or the other. Then you will begin to find the enlightenment you seek.

- Jeff

Jeff, you're wrong. :D

- Jeff

Jeff, you're right. :D

Originally posted by ryst:

- Jeff

Yes. And right. Thanks for proving my point.

- Jeff

- Jeff

You had a double post. Two wrongs don't make it right.
"Ya gots to work with what you gots to work with". - Stevie Wonder

Zengetsu, a Chinese master of the T'ang dynasty, wrote the following advice for his pupils:

Living in the world yet not forming attachments to the dust of the world is the way of a true Zen student.

When witnessing the good action of another encourage yourself to follow his example. Hearing of the mistaken action of another, advise yourself not to emulate it.

Even though alone in a dark room, be as if you were facing a noble guest. Express your feelings, but become no more expressive than your true nature.

Poverty is your teasure. Never exchange it for an easy life.

A person may appear a fool and yet not be one. He may only be guarding his wisdom carefully.

Virtues are the fruit of self-discipline and do not drop from heaven of themselves as does rain or snow.

Modesty is the foundation of all virtues. Let your neighbors discover you before you make yourself known to them.

A noble heart never forces itself forward. Its words are as rare gems, seldom displayed and of great value.

To a sincere student, every day is a fortunate day. Time passes but he never lags behind. Neither glory nor shame can move him.

Censure yourself, never another. Do not discuss right and wrong.

Some things, though right, were considered wrong for generations. Since the value of righteousness may be recognized after centuries, there is no need to crave an immediate appreciation.

Live with cause and leave results to the great law of the universe. Pass each day in peaceful contemplation.

- Jeff

Originally posted by Zweite Version:

- Jeff

You must have not read my two posts carefully....One said wrong and one said right. ;)

Zengetsu, a Chinese master of the T'ang dynasty, wrote the following advice for his pupils:

Living in the world yet not forming attachments to the dust of the world is the way of a true Zen student.

translation: If you are not yet dead, that is the way of a Zen student.

When witnessing the good action of another encourage yourself to follow his example. Hearing of the mistaken action of another, advise yourself not to emulate it.

translation: Try to stay out of prison.

Even though alone in a dark room, be as if you were facing a noble guest. Express your feelings, but become no more expressive than your true nature.

this translation is x-rated and cannot be brought forward on a family forum.

Poverty is your teasure. Never exchange it for an easy life.

There is no translation for a statement that dumb.

A person may appear a fool and yet not be one. He may only be guarding his wisdom carefully.

translation: That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Virtues are the fruit of self-discipline and do not drop from heaven of themselves as does rain or snow.

translation: When the hell are you ever going to learn?

Modesty is the foundation of all virtues. Let your neighbors discover you before you make yourself known to them.

translation: Do not run through the neighbors house naked unless they run naked through yours first.

A noble heart never forces itself forward. Its words are as rare gems, seldom displayed and of great value.

translation: Leave me alone I don't feel like talking right now.

To a sincere student, every day is a fortunate day. Time passes but he never lags behind. Neither glory nor shame can move him.

translation: A workaholic never gets any rest.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by Zweite Version:

- Jeff

But two Wrights made the first airplane.
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Originally posted by Angelo Clematide:

However:

but if any one strikes you on the RIGHT cheek, turn to him the other also

But when it comes to getting hit, both cheeks are the wrong cheek.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Archived