Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Crue Sues

Clonkage :rolleyes:

"To ensure compliance with its broadcast standards, NBC has the right to decide not to invite back guests who violate those standards and use an expletive during a live entertainment program," the company said in statement. "We will defend the case vigorously and we fully expect to prevail."
Guess that means NBC now stands for "No Bad Celebrities."

Oar..."Need Better Censors?"

:freak:

"I don't know anything about music. In my line, you don't have to."

-Elvis Presley (1935-1977)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm.

I'd have to say that it's an interesting point that Bono can say the F word on live TV and be immediately forgiven because, well, he's Bono.

But still, it's well within NBC's right to air what they want, especially given the FCC environment of today. They're the ones who'll face these ridiculous morality fines, not the Crue.

- Jeff

Originally posted by Ernest Buckley:

No talent, time to bring out the lawsuits, start the orgies and excess just to get noticed. Hey, they got to sell something!

I don't know if you're aware, but their 2005 tour has been considered a huge success. They're making a lot of cash now... I don't think this suit is inspired by money.

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

I'd have to say that it's an interesting point that Bono can say the F word on live TV and be immediately forgiven because, well, he's Bono.

While I agree that NBC can probably book who they want to and refuse to book whomever they want to, it does seem to me to be a bit ridiculous to ban one group and not others given that we're talking about live TV, that occasionally has gaffs. The heart of the problem is really with what the FCC is doing to NBC to force such a reaction, but my guess is the decision to ban the Crue has more to do with actions beyond the simple F-word. My guess would be that was just a convenient excuse, otherwise it would have been overlooked like Bono's mistake.

I don't know if you're aware, but their 2005 tour has been considered a huge success. They're making a lot of cash now... I don't think this suit is inspired by money.
Yes, I`m aware and with Lee back they are back to normal and their fan base will support them again which is cool. I used to be a big fan but I haven`t heard anything good from them in a while so at this point they are just re-hashing their past success and its old. I wish them luck though and hopefully new inspiration for new material.

I don't know if they're interested or inspired to do new material. Ya' never know, of course.

Hey, here's me with Vince Neil a few weeks ago. I'm the one that's not the chick or Vince... ;)

http://www.espguitars.com/images/news/esp_plaque2.jpg

- Jeff

they are definitely stockpiling dough, every show is sold out for the first leg of 50+cities, and most of all the second leg. europe, south america and the far east will certanly be huge $ makers for them, and the new(ish) CD is selling well. Merchandising is through the roof for them as usual.

maybe this time they'll be smart enough not to party it all away.

The bad boys get signled out, Bono gets a wet one. Network and FCC BS.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

Amrica needs to grow the fuck up and stop acting like a bunch of old ladies when it comes to Radio and TV.

IMDB Credit list

President George Washington: "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."

President Abraham Lincoln: "The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion."

System of a Down dropped more than a couple F-bombs during their performance on SNL a couple weeks ago. Only half of them were caught. Maybe the band wasn't big enough to be a newsworthy item. Was the drummer hitting the wrong button again? :D

Originally posted by Murphman:

Was the drummer hitting the wrong button again? :D

I don't know, I didn't catch that show. Did "Pieces of Me" suddenly start playing? ;)

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

I don't know if they're interested or inspired to do new material. Ya' never know, of course.

Hey, here's me with Vince Neil a few weeks ago. I'm the one that's not the chick or Vince... ;)

http://www.espguitars.com/images/news/esp_plaque2.jpg

- Jeff

I can just make out a bad word on Vince's shirt and I'm notifying my brother at the FCC. SSS is going down!! :mad::mad::mad:

:D:P

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Wow,

I didn't realize how tiny Neil is...

He's even small compared to the weasel...

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

Originally posted by gearmike:

He's even small compared to the weasel...

I'm 5' 11", ya big palooka. I just slouch.

See, I'm also taller than that zany Phil O'Keefe:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jeffannak/kokproject.jpg

:)

- Jeff

Can I sue the Crue for sucking?!?!?

Oh, and for taking advantage of my impressionable youth and little but developing taste in music. I'll settle for a refund on the casette tapes (whoa!!!) that I bought.

Archived