Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Favorite sandwich?

P&J (Jif and Smuckers Black Raspberry Jam on fresh Home Pride Butter Top Wheat)

After that a nice Ham and Swiss on Rye w/ real Hellman's Mayo.

I've got a taset for those Fazolli's Panini doo-hickey's, too.

Now eating:

Ham on Onion Roll w/ extra mayo.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do love the Reuben, yes.

A nice grilled ham and swiss is always a welcome sight.

And then, the post-Thanksgiving turkey with stuff on white bread with mayo is one of the seasonal kings of all sandwiches.

Most importantly, remember what Warren Zevon said: enjoy every sandwich.

- Jeff

Panini!

A nice ham & cheese grilled panini with some fresh ripe tomatoes...mmmm

I know this great little panini shop in Denver....

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

Corned beef, on sourdough, some mayo, some mustard, no garden products (okay, some dill pickle is acceptable, but no L or T), and some cheese please - provalone or a sharp cheddar. YUM!

http://foxtick.com/foxboard/images/smiles/Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

That's my favorite, but I do have to agree with Jeff - the post-holiday turkey sandwich feast (dark meat, lots of mayo, maybe some cheese, white, wheat or sourdough bread) is always excellent too. :)

Oh, and is a hamburger a sandwich? I think it is... in which case, I have to give props to the BBQ'ed hamburger. Nothing better than homestyle BBQ hamburgers! However, In-and-Out comes pretty close. 4X4, rake the garden, grill the breath killers and animal style those and the sauce. :)

Yes, they really do know what all that means if you order one that way - even if it's not on the official menu.

http://foxtick.com/foxboard/images/smiles/Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

Originally posted by Lee Knight:

My wife makes this killer sammie. Proscutio ham, goat cheese, arugala, brown mustard, on rough cut sourdough bread.

Good God!

Substitute sliced tomato for the mustard, and you've got my favorite pizza-on-the-grill. That sounds damn good as a sandwich too, now I'm hungry too. Pass me some arm, Phait.

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Hey Phil,

How'za meetball & provalone sound?

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

(Billy Crystal/Old Jewish man voice:) An Adolph Musselman is NOT A SANDWICH!!! :mad:

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Corned beef, on sourdough, some mayo, some mustard, no garden products (okay, some dill pickle is acceptable, but no L or T), and some cheese please - provalone or a sharp cheddar. YUM!...

Right there with you, Phil, except I like some veggies on my sammiches. Lettuce, kosher dill pickle or cucumber slices would really top off that corned beef sandwich. :thu: (A little horseradish would be fine, too!)

I'm a sucker for Roast Beast.. ..er, Roast Beef, Pastrami and Kosher Salami, too. Every year around April I spend a week eating a lot of matzah. After Passover, I just can't stop myself! :D As much as I love great bread, I also adore my favorite sandwich meats on matzah.

I may never have a turkey sandwich again that rivals the ones I had on Sundays at the U. of Iowa student union, when the dorm cafterias were closed. They used to pile it high with ultra-thin sliced turkey breast and I'd top it with some greens, including bean sprouts. They didn't add to the flavor so much as the texture. Eating, to me, is all about the specific combination of tastes, smells and texture. If even one of these isn't right, it can totally change my eating experience. That turkey sandwich had a perfect combination of all three. (The sprouts made for a wonderful crunch in an otherwise soft sandwich! MMMMmmmmmmmmmmm!!!)

Huh? Were you saying something? I was thinking about a sandwich, 20 years ago... :(

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Man there used to be this place in Victorville called Jason Burger.

They had a guy who worked the counter that looked just like Biff in the Back to the Future movies...

Anyways they had the best burger on the planet. A DOUBLE BACON PASTRAMI CHEESEBURGER...

mmmm...

{hmmm might this have had anything to do with my heart-attack?}

-steve albini

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Sounds good to me Mike - too bad we don't have a local Subway that can get things "right". :rolleyes:;)

Oddly enough, the local Subways around Nashville have been exceptional to me over the years. :thu:

Again... MMmmmmmm!!

I love my old favorites on the Parmesan Oregano bread, toasted. They replaced that bread a while back, though, didn't they? No matter. The current cheesy bread was pretty good.

It didn't hurt that I arrived at a specific Subway sandwich shop just as the Tennessee Titans' cheerleader hopefuls who had made call backs arrived for lunch a week ago. :D

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by gearmike:

Man there used to be this place in Victorville called Jason Burger.

They had a guy who worked the counter that looked just like Biff in the Back to the Future movies...

Anyways they had the best burger on the planet. A DOUBLE BACON PASTRAMI CHEESEBURGER...

mmmm...

{hmmm might this have had anything to do with my heart-attack?}

Nawwwww!!! ;)

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Neil, I'm right there with you on the dill pickles... they work great on corned beef. And ditto that for roast beef, which I also like a lot - a little provalone is the perfect cheese compliment to roast beef. :cool:

I have two major problems with Subway - they don't have corned beef on the menu, and the people at our local Subway make dirt look smart. Seriously. Ask Mike. ;)

Nothin' rockin' the meetball sammy on raw bread! http://foxtick.com/foxboard/images/smiles/Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

-steve albini

A nice potato knish, grilled and split with swiss cheese and mustard. The cheese gets nice and melty. Mmmmmmmmm. That's a sandwich, right?

Or, Turkey salad made with nothing but turkey, lots of chopped Vidalia onion, black pepper, and mayo slapped between two slices of sourdough.

Falafel sandwich with hummus, tahini sauce, a splash of red hot sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and onions in pita bread and a few drops of lemon juice from a freshy-squeezed lemon.

Freshly-sliced turkey on very sour and lightly toasted sourdough bread with avocado and bacon with onion, lettuce, tomato, and Swiss Cheese with Mendocino brand brown mustard and mayonnaise (but NOT Miracle Whip).

Freshly-sliced turkey or ham, goat cheese, some onion or clover sprouts (but not alfalfa), mayonnaise, sliced tomatoes, onions, and arugala wrapped in fresh lavash bread.

You know,

my wife makes a pretty mean sammy...

turkey pastrami [gotta watch the heart], ham, provalone with some red onion and butter lettuce, little smear of some habanero mustard, one two thick slices of hawaiian bread...

-steve albini

Posted by Phil:

"Corned beef, on sourdough, some mayo, some mustard, no garden products (okay, some dill pickle is acceptable, but no L or T), and some cheese please - provalone or a sharp cheddar. YUM!"

I've got to agree with you on this one, Phil! I also love the post holiday turkey with mayo and cranberry sauce. Of course, I'm not a very picky eater, all of them sound good!

My gear: http://fendercaster.freeservers.com/guit3.html

If you own two Lexus cars, do you have Lexi?

These 4 things are the foundation for my favorite sandwiches.

First you need some good bread

http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/italianbread.jpg

then take some of these hot peppers

http://www.all-creatures.org/recipes/images/i-pepper-ban.jpg

and fry them up in some of this

http://www.zandbroz.com/Extra%20Virgin%20Olive%20Oil.JPG

with some of this

http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/garlic5.jpg

in fact just the peppers and garlic fried in olive oil with that bread make a good sandwich.

any meat or cheese or combination there of plus a good sliced tomato w/ salt and pepper.

Damn!

If Im going to a football game or something with some friends, Ill pack a bunch of dry sandwiches and a container of thoses peppers in olive oil w/garlic.

If you plan on having sex later that day just make sure your significant other eats one t00.

:wave:

When it comes to sandwiches, for me, it's all about good bread and lots of meat and cheese. Some things can compliment that (pickles, condiments), but for the most part, I don't want things getting in the way of the flavors of the meat, cheese and bread. :)

Archived