Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey Gas (Is there gas in the car)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Guitar Geezer:

Where ya gonna post number 5,000?

;):wave:

Thanks Mr. Geezer. I jus' about forgot... :rolleyes:

It was a dark and stormy night, December 18, 2002, when I, Is There Gas In The Car, first posted to the SSS.

After browsing these forums for many weeks, I finally got up the courage to post. Amongst the ramblings from the likes of Phil, TheWewus, Tedster, Jeff (The Weasel), and many, many others, I knew instantly that I was in good company; for these were my kind - musos! Not only that, but these were insane musos who could TYPE! :freak:

With this post, I'm up to 5,000. That's not much in the scheme of things really. Lots of folks here have more.

Wanna know the truth? It's been damn good. Oh sure, like brothers and sisters we don't agree all the time. But there's not one soul here that I wouldn't like to meet in person. You're all good folk and I'm glad to be hangin' out here wit ya.

I'm off now to the pub down the street to raise a glass and toast to your health - Here's to ya!

All the best,

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Cripes, just look at what this schmoe wrote for his 5K. Something almost worth reading and darn near warm and fuzzy feeling.

Why, it nearly brought a tear to my eye & a catch in my throat.

All I gotta say is, Tom is, in the words of our esteemed Brucie, a real gasser.

Glad you're here Gas & looking forward to the time I can heist my ass over your direction for one of those musically aquatic slides down the waterways.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Originally posted by Is There Gas in the Car?:

Originally posted by Guitar Geezer:

Where ya gonna post number 5,000?

;):wave:

Thanks Mr. Geezer. I jus' about forgot... :rolleyes:

It was a dark and stormy night, December 18, 2002, when I, Is There Gas In The Car, first posted to the SSS.

After browsing these forums for many weeks, I finally got up the courage to post. Amongst the ramblings from the likes of Phil, TheWewus, Tedster, Jeff (The Weasel), and many, many others, I knew instantly that I was in good company; for these were my kind - musos! Not only that, but these were insane musos who could TYPE! :freak:

With this post, I'm up to 5,000. That's not much in the scheme of things really. Lots of folks here have more.

Wanna know the truth? It's been damn good. Oh sure, like brothers and sisters we don't agree all the time. But there's not one soul here that I wouldn't like to meet in person. You're all good folk and I'm glad to be hangin' out here wit ya.

I'm off now to the pub down the street to raise a glass and toast to your health - Here's to ya!

All the best,

Tom

:thu:

Jesus Is Coming, Make Music, Get Ready!

Thank you. :)

And Chris (Groeg), I'll be glad to buy that beer. Learjeff has been trying to get me to come back to the Blues Jam at the Blue Bayou Club LINK HERE in Hillsborough for some time and I just haven't had a chance to do it. I'll give you a shout the next time it's scheduled (and I can go). Maybe you can ride with me. It's only 30 minutes down the road.

Thanks for your good thoughts, gentlemen. I hope you're playing some music this weekend (or at least drinking a beer or ten). :thu:

Tom

Is There Gas In The Car?

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I, too, remember seeing your posts and thinking, "Here's a guy who'd probably marry Walter Becker or Donald Fagen if given the chance." And now you actually can marry one of them in Massachusetts. ;)

It's been fun, Tom. Here's to another 5k! :thu:http://foxtick.com/foxboard/images/smiles/Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

I, too, remember seeing your posts and thinking, "Here's a guy who'd probably marry Walter Becker or Donald Fagen if given the chance." And now you actually can marry one of them in Massachusetts. ;)

It's been fun, Tom. Here's to another 5k! :thu:http://foxtick.com/foxboard/images/smiles/Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

Ummmmm, no. :rolleyes:

Thanks Neil. :)

Originally posted by Hush.:

Hey Tom,

Happy 5k!

You playing at the pool party this weekend? We joined this year. :-) See ya pool side.

Marc

Hi Marc - I wrote you an email about this. Check it out. Maybe we could turn it into a SSS JAMFEST! :thu: Billy (the guitarist) had surgery and can't play. Since it's an open house, anybody is welcome. I hope to see you there.

Tom

Archived