Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Euro Songfest - the winner is.....

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

while i was in melbourne my australian colleagues told my that the Eurovision Song Contest is their favorite commedy show... "Greetings from Iceland!" (waving their hands) :-)

We (Germany) scored last this time, and we deserved it...

Harald F. Metzner

http://www.soundwand.de

----------------------------------

Hi,

Soundwand is the name of our old studio, i still use the website for some test for a friend who wants to setup a webpage. i think i have to erase it tonight to make sure nobody gets lost there...

The new studio will be "The Hidden Room", first plans and pictures will be in John's studio forum soon... (I'm still reading and learning by reading there)

Harald F. Metzner

Wigwam rocks!!!

yeah - they were cool weren't they - I couldn't understand why Holland sent a Whitney Huston clone - she looked like her and sang like her, not very Dutch IMO.

How about the Body Artist in the break - he was absolutely amazing!! blew me away.

I must say I was taken by the hungarian gypsy lady whoa!!

cheers

john

Yeah - I saw the semifinal on Friday night and the full show on Sunday. It was on SBS which is our ethnic station.

We had some dry witted englishman doing the narration.

Pasha and Pahsa (the Russian hosts)were an interesting act!! - we had a comedy show locally that sent up russian hosts - I now realise it was totally based on Pasha and Pahsa.

For a moment I thought the Swiss were going to get up. ;)

cheers

john

Originally posted by John Sayers:

Yeah - I saw the semifinal on Friday night and the full show on Sunday. It was on SBS which is our ethnic station.

We had some dry witted englishman doing the narration.

cheers

john

That would be Terry Wogan - he's done the Eurovision for 35 years - and is the best thing about it. SBS last year used Aussie commentators and it sucked badly - was damn pleased they used the British commentary again this year :thu:

The singer from Denmark was very good - I was amazed he was singing in his second language. Absolutely no hint of an accent.

We get a lot of Euro programming here Angelo. Inspector Rex comes to mind.

SBS TV has a side industry translating and revoicing Euro programs into english.

cheers

john

Hi,

i didn't even know
should be right. I didn't like the 3 spanish ladys because it soundend like the "Las Ketchup" (same producer). I couldn't even tell when the verse ends and the chorus started because the singing was going on and on and on.

John, "Inspector Rex", you mean "Kommissar Rex", the austrian show about a police dog? I noticed that Australia has only a handfull of TV-programms, which was very hard because of the jet-lag keeping me awake at 3 am, without any good MTV :-)

The most things i needed to know about Australia i learned from watching "Danny Deckchair" on the plane, maybe one should recommend this to Ani.

Harald F. Metzner

Archived